Flowers 2010

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Flowers 2010

Unread post by aster »

After some elegant beauties, my iris from our garden is no match with its busy background but it'll survive... :D

Yildiz
iris1.jpg
(126.39 KiB) Downloaded 1601 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Beautiful colour Yildiz, and I love the texture of the petals. Thank you for cheering up my drab office this afternoon :).
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Thanks Aster- That is the same lens I used on the flowers. It is very sharp, and has nice bokeh. It hunts a lot in AF, so I took both of those MF.
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That's a pretty violet blue Yildiz, nice sharp focus as well...and backgrounds are backgrounds, sometimes you have to take em as you find em, we don't always have much choice about that...looks like a few more buds to open up there as well :-)
Greg
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

That's good control of Yellow there John, I've always had trouble with yellow flowers (and red ones), the edges tend to bleed on me very easily, somtimes worse than others...ie. yellow over yellow, or red over red edges loose their definition..maybe it's the camera, maybe it's Elements, or my fairly basic editing ability...
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Impressive bokeh and sharpness, John. It's a very capable lens when in good hands and control.

Greg;

Thanks, they bloom for a month or so and cheer our gardens. I always admired its petal structures, textures and the various colours of the species.

Birma;

Thank you. Glad you found some cheerful bits in there and I hope your day was better... :)

Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Greg- I wish I could say it was some great processing skill that I have, but that would be a complete and utter lie.
It is the lens and the lens alone... I'm glad to have it, but I would like a faster tele, and one that doesn't hunt so much with AF. It does handle extremes pretty well, however. Just more of that good 'ol Minolta magic. John
Aster-Thanks so much. I'm impressed with the image quality from your new video camera, and pretty flowers. :)
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I agree the 100-300apo can be a very good lens on occasion. I've got this theory that AF doesn't work quite as well with variable aperture zooms as it does with constant aperture ones....sometimes. It might be just one has to get to know ones lens better, I should probably use mine a lot more, until I get used to it's foibles...there's one thing it does have, and that's portability, it's really not much bigger or heavier than the 18-200, so it fits in the bag very easily.
Greg
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

In our backyard, A900+HVL20+Minolta58/1.4MD with glassless adapter.

Sury

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Sury - nice colour and I like the twirley petals :D . Also an interestig graphic-like background.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
rogprov
Oligarch

Unread post by rogprov »

Some stuff to brighten a dull day....

Roger
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Very well styled shots. Graphic and perfect.

David
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Birma wrote:Hi Sury - nice colour and I like the twirley petals :D . Also an interestig graphic-like background.
Thank you.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Sury, it looks just a bit over-saturated. Is it really that vivid a color?

Roger - If I shot that iris I would have it framed an on the wall! It's perfect shot. Nothing wrong with other 2, but you've now set your own bar rather high! :P

Dusty
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Nice pattern Sury! :)

Roger;

Lovely compositions and admirable subjects. I like the fresh bundle in the third shot, especially as the soft light teased them and brought their beauty alive.
As the photographer, you deserve praise for catching some good light too... :D

Thaks for sharing,

Yildiz