Flowers 2010

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Re: Flowers 2010

Unread post by Rosearodoe »

Thanks Doc!!!

Sincerely,
Rosemarie
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Hi Again Doc, and everyone,

Well, I did follow your directions you gave me. Up to the part when I went to my photo files. Mozilla firefox Crashed again and could not upload. I believe it must be my cpu, I will have my son look at this for me later today.
Thank you for trying to help me do this, it was greatly appreciated, and I will keep this information on hand after my son is able to fix this.

By the way, All of you and yours shots are wonderful guys. Thank you, I have enjoyed them immensely. I love flowers, and these are all 5 Stars in my book.

Sincerely,
Rosemarie
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Hi Greg, Yildiz, Ewannawe and Viceroy,

Nature has it way of making sure it's plants survive one way or another. Are all of you in warm climates, not below 0 degrees Fahrenheit/deep freeze, most of the year and is why you are able to grow these exotic flowers and such or do you bring some of the more tender plants indoors for the winter deep freeze?
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Experiencing with my new toy (you know which: the HVL-MT24AM)
Geranium

Violet
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Aster- wonderful flowers, especially the magnolias.
Dr. Harout- very subtle lighting from your new toy. The sparkle on the violet is stunning! John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
cenwyn
Initiate

Unread post by cenwyn »

Taken today with A700 and my new F58 via Wireless, using Tamron 90. Having quality time with father in law playing with our toys lol.
Amaryllis
Amaryllis
DSC03447 Small Doc.JPG (168.65 KiB) Viewed 4052 times
Last edited by cenwyn on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Absolutely Gorgeous Capture of a Canna Lily, I believe. Here it is a very tender bulb, and has to be dug up before a frost, it varies in height of 2-4 feet, with solid, or variegated or two tone large elongated leaves.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Rosearodoe wrote:Hi Greg, Yildiz, Ewannawe and Viceroy,

Nature has it way of making sure it's plants survive one way or another. Are all of you in warm climates, not below 0 degrees Fahrenheit/deep freeze, most of the year and is why you are able to grow these exotic flowers and such or do you bring some of the more tender plants indoors for the winter deep freeze?
Hi Rosemarie, I hope your problems posting pictures are fixed soon so we can see some more flowers. Once of the great things about this board is that the people posting are from all around the globe. Greg is in Australia, Yildiz is in Turkey, and Ewan and I are in the UK. Most of the early spring flowers in the thread from the UK are growing outside and they are quite hardy and can cope with some frost (overnight temperature zero centigrade or less).

Nice pictures from Doc, Pedro and Cenwyn. That Violet is a cracker Doc. :D We are hoping to go to Kenilworth Castle (with gardens) in Warwickshire tomorrow. The forecast is not good, but we will see how it turns out.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Sury, and John,
Great Captures! Love the crispness and detail you both were able to get. It is not easy to shoot flowers and have them come out well. I have practiced over 5 years to not always getting it right to some that are. You are right the type of lighting is very crucial.

Siberian Iris and crocus are this vivid in color especially if shot in the golden hour of morning and when they first open. After my son helps me tonight to stop my internet from crashing while I will upload snaps. Hopefully, I can send some of mine from my flower beds and from the neighbors beds to show on the thread.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Hi Rosearodoe, yep we are spread out all over the World...it's Autumn-ish here in the Southern Hemisphere so I guess flowers will be in decline shortly, we don't get much of a Winter by your standards, it gets down to 5 C here sometimes (on the coast near the ocean), and that's fine by me, I don't think I'm designed for freezing conditions.
That Violet must have been shot at least at f11 Doc, very good light control I have to admit..and the yellow stamen is sharp as well...excellent.
Is that what that is cebwyn, a Canna Lily, I'm not really a flower expert, but I'd be interested to see that one taken from a bit further away, both to see more of it and perhaps have more of it sharp..looks interesting.
Greg
cenwyn
Initiate

Unread post by cenwyn »

They used to be called Amaryllis. Here's a bigger picture.
Attachments
DSC03440-Amended-Web.gif
DSC03440-Amended-Web.gif (199.52 KiB) Viewed 4030 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I found a couple of pest type plants/flowers that spring up everywhere.

The first one (not a pest) is a surprise to me, the Cooktown orchid is flowering about 2 months late.
The second one is impossible to get rid of, but it has a cheerful little flower that varies between pink, blue and white.
The third one is currently growing over the top of the Lilies, seed-berry most likely dropped by a bird.

Greg

ps. It was a bit late when I had a few moments to take a couple of photos, so I had to resort too flash.
Attachments
A700 KM18-200
A700 KM18-200
DSC00302.jpg (62.85 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
A700 KM18-200
A700 KM18-200
DSC00308.jpg (37.3 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
A700 KM18-200 Cooktown Orchid
A700 KM18-200 Cooktown Orchid
DSC00305.jpg (31.18 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
Last edited by Greg Beetham on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

cenwyn wrote:They used to be called Amaryllis. Here's a bigger picture.
That is one very pretty flower cenwyn. Nicely taken as well.
Greg
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

My Mistake, Sorry! Is this the same shot of the Amaryllis the same as the other yellow w/a long deep trumpet flower from before? My amaryllis I had does look like the one above. I learned something new today.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Cenwyn's Tamron 90 reminded me to take out Vivitar 90/2.5 macro. These are with Glass adapter. These were taken in our backyard. Hand held, no pp and no flash. There is some vignetting that I did not crop but should have, since I am running late for a dinner engagement. :lol:

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper