Flowers 2010

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Re: Flowers 2010

Unread post by Rosearodoe »

Hi Guys,

Wonderful and Beautiful photography of your flowers! Loved all of them, especially of the black and white daffodil with the sparkle highlight you sometimes see in flower petals. That is a great talent to capture this element when you are shooting flowers.

Well, I guess I am out of luck on sending my shots. I have tried by both emails, and within the reply message for back and forth contact with the forum/emails answers to my yahoo account email. So the only other way I can share my photographs with you is if you see me on the Yahoo flicker forum under Rosearodoe. As I do not know how to write a link properly. I just hope I did this right.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Yellow Jasmines are starting to show right now...

Yildiz
YellowJasmine.jpg
(228.32 KiB) Downloaded 1099 times

edit: previous photo replaced with a new one
Last edited by aster on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

1- Yildiz, it might be my screen but I think you should play with the WB to the left (BTW, every time you post a flower shot I get that unexplainable fever of wanting to plant them in my garden. e.g., Camelias are on the first line)

2- Please admins and programmers try to solve the problem of Rosemarie. Surely someone knows how to fix that issue.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Dr. Harout wrote:1- Yildiz, it might be my screen but I think you should play with the WB to the left (BTW, every time you post a flower shot I get that unexplainable fever of wanting to plant them in my garden. e.g., Camelias are on the first line)

2- Please admins and programmers try to solve the problem of Rosemarie. Surely someone knows how to fix that issue.
Hi Dr. Harout and thanks, :)

Happy that there's an inspirational value in my photos. You'll have a garden rich in its flora soon, which many of your neighbours will admire and envy then. What better jewels than flowers for the gardens?

I changed the Jasmine photo for a cooled down version. This may appear more realistic on your monitor hopefully...

I am unable to understand what troubles Rosearodoe when trying to upload photos. Is it about not being able to link to the URL of the photo or is it about her browser rejecting the use of the forum's attachment application?

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Usually those sort of glitches/problems (like Rosemarie has) are associated with security, possibly program permission settings in the windows firewall, browser, virus checker etc...
But hey, windows and programs and the security system is now complex on so many levels it's getting like the space shuttle.....they say that if on lftoff the shuttle is 99.9% error free there is still over one thousand things wrong with it. :shock:
Greg
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Unread post by Rosearodoe »

I am back to report that I tried again last night, and it is still uploading this shot this morning. I tried twice this morning, each time the forum answer now says the image you tried to attach is invalid. I only tried to attach a shot of our nectarine flowers after a morning rain. Was something wrong with my Sony PMB upload and edit software system that the forum upload will not accept it?
I do not know what to do now. What do you suggest I try to do? Or do I give up and just get to participate communicating with all of you? Any information on this would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Rosemarie
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Hi Rosemarie,
The only other thing I can think of offhand is the image size, when you save the image in your image editor, such as in Elements there is a 'File' menu item called 'Save for Web' which is very handy, you can easily set the pixel dimensions as well as the quality level. If you have an editor that can do this, just make sure the dimensions are set to 800 pixels on the long side, just for starters, (the forum will accept 1000 pixels though), and the file type is .jpg Also set the quality level to about mid or lower, otherwise the file size might still be big (depends on how many MP you have in the camera sensor to start with).
Greg
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

I sent Rosemarie a PM on how to link to a Flickr image. I know Aster made a nice visual tutorial on how to do so, but I can't remember where is was.. Anybody remember? I can't access Flickr here at work to make a visual aid. That should resolve her problem.
Greg, I agree that it is probably image size....John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Rosemarie,

Please see if the tutorial at the link below solves your problems.

Tutorial: linking to photos located on an external website

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... 404#p37404

Yildiz
Last edited by aster on Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Well remembered John - we ought to have that link pinned up somewhere. Good luck Rosemarie.

Beautiful Jasmine picture Yildiz :) Is there a nice scent?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Birma wrote:Beautiful Jasmine picture Yildiz :) Is there a nice scent?

Thank you Birma. :)

No, there's no nice scent with the yellow jasmine I'm afraid. The white ones are the ones with the fragrance...Rather surprising since they have the same origin.

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Wot Jasmine photo? I don't see a Jasmine photo anywhere from Yildiz.
And I thought Rosemarie said she was trying to use the attachment facility, not linking to another (Fliker) web site? If she's using the attachment then the photo is uploaded directly from her hard drive, or did I read/remember incorrectly?
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Greg,

This is the photo of the yellow jasmine that is attached to a previous message of mine in this thread. Are you not able to see it for some reason?

We haven't heard from Rosemarie yet, so we don't know if she's overcome any of the problems that crashes her system. There's a tutorial that I prepared for external links and as long as her file size is smaller than 250Kb and 1000*1000pix dimensions, there should be no problems with uploading directly from her PC's harddisk.

Yildiz

edit: deleted the photo to prevent repetition.
Last edited by aster on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Oh silly me, it was further up than I expected so I missed it, and I agree, lovely yellow control, I think things have improved with yellow since the KM5D, A100.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks Greg, :)

I deleted the photo in my last message since it was a repeated one and now we know that you actually can see the attachment. (I was worried if there was a technical glitch like the one Rosemarie was experiencing)

The Wisteria climber is in bloom nowadays and here are some shots from this afternoon. :)

Yildiz
Wisteria 1.jpg
(214.64 KiB) Downloaded 1037 times
Wisteria 4.jpg
(203.12 KiB) Downloaded 1037 times
Wisteria 3.jpg
(193.88 KiB) Downloaded 1037 times