Flowers 2010

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Flowers 2010

Unread post by sury »

David,
Thank you for that history. What about the new Vivitar Series 1 lenses that I see on eBay?
Are they any good?

with best regards,
sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

The new ones are just Cosina/Samyang/etc cheapies. They had a brand - Series One - which once meant something. Now it means almost nothing. Some are OK, others do not deserve the label.

David
sury

Unread post by sury »

David,
Aah!!! Thank you fro that tidbit. You saved me some money there. By the way, what should one expect to pay for
the 28/f2 these days? Just curious.

With best regards,
Sury
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

I would thought that around £100/$150 would be about the max for a manual focus lens, even of that quality. But I know people will pay once a reputation gets round. I don't think I would buy unless it was much less.

David
sury

Unread post by sury »

I don't feel too bad then. I paid $60 with free shipping. Though described as used, it looks very good and feel the aperture very snappy. One thing I noticed is that the min. focus distance on this lens is smaller than with Min. 58/1.4 when used as macro lens (both using glassless adapter and reverse ring).

Sury
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

David Kilpatrick wrote:The Kino Optical designs whether for Vivitar Series One, or later on for Kiron as their own brand, have probably never been matched since. The Soligor C/D models come close, but Kiron for its brief flowering was a remarkable company.
I am not certain that the information is correct, but I was under the impression that all of the lenses that Kino Optical made for Vivitar were considered optically superb - not just the lenses with the Series One label.

In any event, I have read in several places that it is possible to identify which of the Vivitar lenses were made by Kino Optical by looking at the serial number on the Vivitar lens ring. Supposedly the first two digits of the serial number identify which of many companies actually manufactured the lens for Vivitar. The number associated with Kino Optical was said to be 22, so any Vivitar lens with a serial number of 22xxx . . . was supposedly manufactured by Kino Optical.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Sounds like one of Bert Keppler's insights. He knew more about the individual companies supplying each brand than anyone else. It may be true but I can not verify it. Kino may also have made lenses for Allied Impex, which was the owner of the Soligor brand at that time.

David
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Well, they are flowers.
From a friend's wedding.

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Jbtaylor, :)

Lovely bouquet of red and pearly roses. Now that Spring and Summer are in full effect, the outdoor weddings must be rolling in one after the other. :D

Yildiz
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Unread post by Rosearodoe »

Yildiz,

So Very Glad you did this. It is Absolutely Beautiful, Love your fantastic Christmas Cactus in Springtime. The ones in the solarium at the seniors nursing home here are in blossom too in violet, pinks, oranges and different reds too. Thank you for sharing this beauty with all of us.

Sincerely,

Rosemarie
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Rosemarie- Have you figured out your posting issues?? If not Aster made a very nice tutorial on how to post from Flickr. That way you bypass Mozilla. You have some very pretty images there. See this:http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =21&t=3959 John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Shelika Gaur
Initiate

Unread post by Shelika Gaur »

Yildiz this is another variety of cactus that I have with speckled flowers.

Shelika
http://tripolia-indianlandscapeimages.com
Cactus-II.jpg
(148.77 KiB) Downloaded 1559 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Rosearodoe wrote:Yildiz,

So Very Glad you did this. It is Absolutely Beautiful, Love your fantastic Christmas Cactus in Springtime. The ones in the solarium at the seniors nursing home here are in blossom too in violet, pinks, oranges and different reds too. Thank you for sharing this beauty with all of us.

Sincerely,

Rosemarie

Thank you, Rosemarie. :D You're very kind.

Would love to see your flowers and Christmas cacti that you saw at the nursing home... The more, the better! :)

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Shelika, :)

Yes, this variety is interesting with its speckled coloring too. I really like the shape of the Euphorbia flowers.

Thanks for sending,

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

This time got the timeline right... :)

Yildiz
PinkRose .jpg
(240.1 KiB) Downloaded 1548 times
PinkBlossom.jpg
(246.34 KiB) Downloaded 1548 times