Flowers 2010

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Flowers 2010

Unread post by aster »

That's a nice modest rose, Dusty. :) A good 'excuse'...

John;

Congraatulations! Very sharp, neat details and colour overall. Apparently the lens is a winner! : ))
Would love to see more from this lens.

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice Rose Dusty - sometimes less is more :D.

Hi John - congratulations on the new lens - I like the shaft of light in the shot - a great composition.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Congratulations John for your new toy (reflexively to me too, as I did the same thing. The only problem is that it's still in the US where Armen made the purchase. He's the one playing with it now. Counting the days for his return...)
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Thanks guys. So far I'm pretty impressed with the little lens. That flower is only 4-5mm wide in real life. The MFD of this lens is so short, I felt like I was going to hit the flower!
Doc- I hope Armen gets back with your lens soon. Also I hope he has some great pics from his visit here.
John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

From walking in the woods last weekend - Rose-bay Willowherb is a very common wild plant seen along every roadside, as well as in the woods and fields, at this time of year, and yet I still think it is a very attractive flower.

Here is another with a visitor - amazing red eyes :shock: .

Both with the A700 and Min 70-210/4 'Beercan'.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Lovely shots, Birma. The fly is especially good for the beercan... Admirable bokeh also.

A few from the garden. All shot this morning. : )
WildRoseBuds.jpg
(118.03 KiB) Downloaded 1331 times
CrepeMyrtle.jpg
(175.8 KiB) Downloaded 1331 times
CrepeMyrtle3.jpg
(214 KiB) Downloaded 1331 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I think some early species of Rose are like that one Dusty, you might have a historical Rose there, Yildiz might know more on that. Interesting lens that one John, takes a good sharp pic.
Greg
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

You're right Birma that's a great little flower, nicely photographed too.
Love that first shot Yildiz, really nice. The other two are good and interesting as well but not as good as your first one I reckon.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks, Greg! : ))

The first indeed has more to offer than the Crepe myrtle shots. The light was not right for those shots...which delivers rather flat images.

I appreciate the critique! : ) Now, I owe the Crepe myrtles a proper shooting...

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

The wild rose buds are beautiful Yildiz. Very happy to see more of the crepe myrtle - a very unusual bloom - I wish I could send you some of the nice grey cloud we have here to help with a soft difused light :D.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Yildiz, don't tell me all those flowers are in your garden. I'm going to get jealous.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Dr. Harout wrote:Yildiz, don't tell me all those flowers are in your garden. I'm going to get jealous.
They are! :)

Promise you're not jealous! :D Because I know the future will be witnessing some grand shots of your flowers!

Thanks, Dr. Harout!!

Yildiz

ps. Is Armen getting you oe of the Carl-Zeiss lenses or is it the Sony 70-400G ? Can't help wondering... : ))
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

For Yildiz,
The replacement a700 is on the job and with it's friend the 135mm 1.8 we walked into the garden today. It's past the prime time for roses and day lillies but we make do. A little out of practice but things should get better quickly. All were hand held.
Forgive me for posting 4 images but it's been a while.

Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Unread post by Rosearodoe »

Wonderful shots of wild roses, David Austin Old world Roses, lilies and succulents guys. All very professional looking.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

jbtaylor wrote:For Yildiz,
The replacement a700 is on the job and with it's friend the 135mm 1.8 we walked into the garden today. It's past the prime time for roses and day lillies but we make do. A little out of practice but things should get better quickly. All were hand held.
Forgive me for posting 4 images but it's been a while.
I bow to the beauty of your roses as they are but enchanting and I thank for the honours, JBTaylor! :D :D

Refreshing to see you back on the photography track with the admirable 135mm F1.8 doing what it does best, smooth bokeh... : )

All of the roses have that 'dreamy' look about them... A nice diversion from the all-too-sharp images we may be persistent on taking!

Now, I'll have to take the overcast sky Birma is lending me to take some 'dreamy' shots myself! : )) The daylight is already piercingly bright at the moment. (07:24 am here in Istanbul)

Yildiz