Flowers 2010

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Flowers 2010

Unread post by Birma »

Glad that mystery is solved :D
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you Greg and Birma, :)

I brought the Alpha with me today and took some shots of the Lonicera purpusii and the rest of the live December flower buds and blossoms in the garden...

Yildiz

Lonicera purpusii
LoniceraPurpusii.jpg
(208.98 KiB) Downloaded 1742 times
Lonicera purpusii
LoniceraPurpusii-1.jpg
(167.65 KiB) Downloaded 1742 times
December Rose Bud
DecemberRoseBud.jpg
(157.93 KiB) Downloaded 1742 times
Cold-and-bug-striken
Cold-strikenBud.jpg
(165.87 KiB) Downloaded 1742 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

And two more... : )

Cyclamen
Cyclamen.jpg
(209.95 KiB) Downloaded 1742 times
Not Yet Named.. : )
NotYetNamed.jpg
(235.34 KiB) Downloaded 1742 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

More great colours Yildiz - I am amazed that Istanbul has so much colour in the depth of winter :shock: . I really like the bokeh in first four pictures. I will have to turn to house plants to get any colour here before the end of the year.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you, Birma. : )

Looking forward to your flower shots when you can find some...You may have to start with a new topic like "Flowers 2011" though. :D

Yildiz
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

A single flower in a vase on our table lit by a ceiling spotlight in a rather dimly lit Italian restaurant in Manchester today, the way it was lit attracted me more than the flower itself

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That Cyclamen is pretty Yildiz, looks sortof Frangipani-ish in style, the unnamed one has a couple of just opened buds that resemble roses but I don't know what it is though, except it's very red.
Yeah gio67 that would stand out in a dim restaurant with light shining on it, you're right, the flower probably isn't all that remarkable as flowers go but the setting is effective for sure....could be artificial maybe, they make em so good now you can't really tell first up.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:That Cyclamen is pretty Yildiz, looks sortof Frangipani-ish in style, the unnamed one has a couple of just opened buds that resemble roses but I don't know what it is though, except it's very red.
Greg
Hi Greg, : )

The red one is Azalea.
I knew the name when I posted the photo but somehow couldn't remember it in that instance. :D My brain must be trying to adjust to the 2011 schedule of working and priorities! : ) Azalea probably wasn't s priority for the time being which reminds me that I have a NewYear's dinner to prepare and cook / bake!

Yey! Australia will be one of the first countries /continents to welcome the new year! : ) Will be great to see the huge show in Sydney....

-------------------------------------

Hi Gio67, : )

That's one lovely setting for a table flower...nice lighting.

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

I have failed miserably to get any more flower shots in to the thread before the end of 2010, but thanks to everyone who has posted flowers shots over the year. I'm very much looking forward to a whole new year of flowers, blooms, blossoms, petals, seed pods, leaves, berries, twigs and grasses :D.

While wondering why photographs of flowers can be so interesting and involving I came across this quote: "To analyze the charms of flowers is like dissecting music; it is one of those things which it is far better to enjoy, than to attempt to fully understand." - Henry T. Tuckerman. How very true :D .