Weather Today- in Your Vicinity

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Re: Weather Today- in Your Vicinity

Unread post by Juanito200 »

McKinney, TX: 2245 pm, Temp: 40F, cloudy, slight fog., calm.
I was going cross-eyed working on some macro shots of a coronary stent that was given to me to play with, so I went outside with my camera to take advantage to the light pollution as it played with the weather conditions. I had thought about this before, but Aster's thread seemed like a good time to do it.. The tower that you see is the one from my 'Watchtower of the Apocalypse' shot. This was taken from the end of my street.
Attachments
thursday night resize.jpg
(255.22 KiB) Downloaded 1665 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

Good idea for a photo thread,

Yesterday morning on the way into work - Leazes Park lake Newcastle upon Tyne (all thawed this evening)

A700 + KM 17-35, handheld, iso 800

Cheers

Paul
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

I made a 24 hour mistake... the snowy storm, previously in Istanbul, hit us today.
Not much of shots (specially after Paul's shot :evil: )

Neighbour's roof
winter3.jpg
(119.42 KiB) Downloaded 1652 times
One of my trees
winter4.jpg
(153.48 KiB) Downloaded 1652 times
... two of them in fact (in the foreground, of course, as well as the remaining...some :roll: )
winter5.jpg
(155.34 KiB) Downloaded 1652 times
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi David Antony,

Suprisingly warm weather at your location! :D
I hope you get some suitable snow before the Olympics...not the same spirit without it. I'm sure TV channels are praying for some too, since a town covered by snow looks more enchanting when they will be broadcasting and transmitting the games and the surroundings to the rest of the world...Snow looks 'warm' and magical when on TV.

Looking forward to the games.
I like that beautiful and eccentric-looking tree in the second shot and a lovely Olympic townhouse impression in the third...proud patriotic family most definitely. :)

Hi John,

How different the weather scenery turns out with each one of us! That's a great amount of light pollution but it looks nice in photographic art. :)

Hi PaulMurphy,

Enchanting scene. I admire how the cobblestones and snow formed a texture while the morning light casts such delightful colours onto the wet surfaces... Looks very cold.

Hi Dr. Harout, :D

That's indeed a soft white blanket of snow at your place! I love those trees...and they make the scene all the more interesting and lovely.
Your neighbour's roof looks no different than some we have around here as you know very well. :)

Keep warm and enjoy a good snowball fight.

Thanks for sharing.

Yildiz
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Yildiz- A very nice set- The headstone is my favorite.

PaulMurphy- Wow- color, compostition, beautiful.

Dr Harout- The rooftop shot made me think of a group of mechanical creatures blanketed by snow, then popping their heads our and saying 'what just happened?'

I'm enjoying a nice clear cool evening by shooting some star trails with my son. (Nothing post-worthy...) :(
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That's a good on of Murph's, that ice almost looks semi permanent, hard to beleive it's all melted. And the Doc's one almost looks like a scene from the Movie 'The Day After Tomorrow' where everything in the Northern Hemisphere froze over.
Greg

ps. That tree with the club type branches of David Anony's is a classic, it should be in the tree thread I reckon.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Goodbye to the furnace for another day,
I stopped at the corner shop near home for a Solo on the way from putting the Lotto on, (about a 7K round trip on my bike), and snapped this looking past the front door.
Weather: Fine for the last few days (we did have 2 weeks of rain, night and day recently), Temp 37 C Humidity 80% Wind Variable 5-10Kts.
Greg

KM5D KM24-105(D)
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great thread and lovely pictures, especially the snow shots. Rather drab and grey here today. Perhaps good for macro shooting. Here is a quick shot from upstairs.

Grey cloud, poor visibility, 5 centigrade, wind from the N 8mph, pressure 1016mb rising.

This shot was with my newly purchased £22 CZ 8) . I picked up a Carl Zeiss Jena, Practikar 3.5/135, which had been converted for the alpha mount, from ebay. All manual of course. I was interested in having a telephoto prime and for this price happy to manual focus. It is a small compact lens (49mm filter size), lovely big focus ring (about 300 degrees rotation from 3 ft to infinity so lots to play with!), and the optics seem spotless. Thanks goodnes for in camera metering, and chimping of course :) , but it is a lot of fun.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Good value there Birma, that will do some good set peice photography I imagine, pity the lighting is so shabby there at the moment, you could've maybe shot a couple of statues or such, their usually pretty good for showing what a lens can do.
Greg
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Documenting the 2nd blizzard in the last 60 days. I set up the camera on a tripod in front of my bedroom window late yesterday afternoon. I took a picture every hour for the following 8 hours. I then took some more this morning and afternoon. Check out the mailboxes on the left side of the street for snow accumulation detail. It appears that we have some 24 inches to dig out from. That chore wll have to wait until late tonight or tomorrow.

Arrived home @ 5:00 PM.

Some time late that night.

A few minutes ago. Almost over.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Congratulations on your new CZ Jena, Birma. :)

Looks like a sharp lens to me and I'm sure you'll put the lens to good use. The cones and branches of the tree in the foreground appears well-defined.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Jbtaylor,

That's priceless documentation. All the photos you took an hour apart would make a valuable slideshow too. The blizzard certainly hit your location changing the scene altogether.
Your car (I think) is completely infused with the rest of the blanket of snow on the driveway in the last shot, while we can see it body and colour in the first.

I wish we had some of that... :) Lots and lots of snow...

Thanks very much for the photo-report. :) Now we know that flights are probably canceled ...

Yildiz
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Yildiz,
I will gladly give you some of my snow. I start shoveling in a few minutes. You can find it on either side of my driveway. Come pick it up anytime you like.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

It doesn't look like clearing the driveway will be much use either, not with more than 2 feet of snow on the road, but maybe cars can drive through that much, I wouldn't know first hand...just guessing.
Good shot series, a huge difference in the last one, it's piled up against the wndow as well, give us an update after the shovelling....
Greg
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

SW. British Columbia along the Fraser river.

Partly cloudy 8c.

Dredging

On the banks