Town of Tilting on Fogo Island (Newfoundland)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
camperbc
Heirophant

Town of Tilting on Fogo Island (Newfoundland)

Unread post by camperbc »

Yesterday I went for a drive and ended up in the historic town of Tilting on the west side of Fogo Island. I just had to stop and capture this scene of a very old wharf and fishing stage at low tide. It is said that Tilting is one of the oldest settlements in all of North America. The town is designated a registered heritage district, the first time the title has ever been given to an entire community.

In the background you can see many homes built in the 1800's, with some even from the late 1700's.

I used my Alpha with vintage Minolta 35-70mm f/4 lens. I had to do some tricky footwork to get down beside the wharf for the shot, resulting in two wet feet, but I like the results, so I won't complain too much!

Three hand-held images stitched together using Microsoft's ICE software.

Glen
http://www.focusonnewfoundland.com

aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Town of Tilting on Fogo Island (Newfoundland)

Unread post by aster »

Hi Camperbc,

Your photo series of this particular region called Fogo Island is amazing. The elements of the scenery, cabin, the moss, the algae and the amount of detail on the tree trunks used for setting up the structures are great. It's a very rich environment for photographers.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

thumbs up, Glen.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

Unread post by mikehawthorne »

pukka shots

mike hawthorne
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Interesting place, they built em tough back then I reckon. Thanks for showing us such good images from Tilting Fogo Is. Glen, I don't think I have never seen any before.
Greg
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

Brilliant shot! Very well done.
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Unread post by Rosearodoe »

Very Nice Indeed!

Footnote: To save on wet, muddy or other conditions for your body and clothes try using a kids roll up plastic sled for those kind of shots. Can find in toy stores/sections during Christmas time. I was able to pick up at our local grocery store on clearance for $1.50 a week ago, and works great. (Santa forgot to send me one this year). Fits easily under your arm or in a camera/tripod/duffel bag with ease.