Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread post by bakubo »

Greg, interesting how we can each see something different in Rorschach clouds. This photo of blowing plastic is like that too, I guess.

I thought it was beautiful so had to pull over to the side of the road and walk back to it. Some people would probably pay big bucks for this backlit living sculpture (with the right marketing in the art world). It is only transient though. Here one moment and gone the next. A metaphor for life. I took the photo yesterday. As I write this it has probably become something new. Just as intriguing? Who knows?

How's that for some pretentious, worthless art-speak drivel? :lol:
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

I saw tumble weed mentioned in a wildlife programme the other night. Apparently it is a real pest in some places, and I was amazed to hear that it is not originally from America! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nw28w
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:I saw tumble weed mentioned in a wildlife programme the other night. Apparently it is a real pest in some places, and I was amazed to hear that it is not originally from America! http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01nw28w
Yes, I saw something about tumbleweeds recently too on TV. A big problem in some places. Actually, around here in Central Texas there aren't any tumbleweeds so I was just joking around. I think out in West Texas they are some though. I think the problem though is more west in California though.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I just watched the video clip you linked to. Amazing!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

I'm glad the clip worked Henry. Sometimes the bbc stuff doesn't work outside the UK. It is amazing how that town gets almost smothered in tumble weed :)
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:I'm glad the clip worked Henry. Sometimes the bbc stuff doesn't work outside the UK. It is amazing how that town gets almost smothered in tumble weed :)
I had no problem watching the BBC video. I know that youtube restricts stuff sometimes. Back when the Nikon D3x came out for $8000 there was that funny Hitler rant that someone made at the time. I sent it to my French photographer friend in Paris, but he couldn't view it. Maybe youtube restricts Nazi stuff in Europe? Anyway, he searched around and found it somewhere.
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

Excellent video! Lived in California for 10+ years and never saw a tumbleweed... Made me think of "The day of the triffids". But back to the subject matter - ...
I'm still not sure why I ever discarded my old cameras. I replaced a Minolta 7Hi with a Leica Digilux 2 and am not sure if I gained anything although the D2 is perhaps the best compact I've owned. But it doesn't have the lens range of the 7Hi. And then I bought a Minolta 7D to replace my film camera. O.K. not a replacement - more a method of using existing lenses. But now I've gone the "Ooh, let's upgrade" route and have ended up with a Sony A57. No complaints but on reflection, WHY? I don't print at > A4 paper size. I don't shoot videos. I don't often need to bracket shots.... I suppose "live view" is really quite nice and I appreciate the fully articulated lcd. But I've never shot at faster than ISO 800 so....
Back to the tiny sensor revenge -
This with a Leica Vlux1 - (longer lens than the Digilux 2)

And this with the Digilux 2.

Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Beautiful shots Tony, I especially like that first one :)
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Great, I especially like that first one.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

On the historic WWII USS Lexington aircraft carrier in Corpus Christi, Texas with the Canon S95:

Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

I like that, Henry!
Tony
Darren Hankard
Acolyte

Unread post by Darren Hankard »

Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado:
Image[/quote]

WOW!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Darren Hankard wrote:WOW!
Thanks, Darren. I took that photo at Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado with the Minolta D7i in 2002.

The following photos are in Vancouver, British Columbia with the Olympus D-510Z in 2001:

Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

Nice! Did you do the building as well?
Tony
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Cogito wrote:Nice! Did you do the building as well?
No, I didn't build that. Obama was right in this case. :lol: That was down at English Bay and there was a guy that hung out there and would spend hours stacking rocks. Here is a photo of him in 2001 with the Olympus D-510Z:

Here are a couple more from Vancouver looking over Coal Harbour, but with the Minolta D7i: