Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread post by sury »

Amazing how things didn't change in 15 years, Henry. The two young women have almost identical
stance albeit left and right legs switched.
What are those white papers sticking in the last set Henry?

QX10 is very useful but the mobile app is quirky at times and has difficulty connecting to camera
or it is other way around. Here are some more of night lights in Vegas. All hand held.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I don’t think sneaking up behind a cop and yelling ‘spread em’ is one of your better ideas H. :lol:
Good night scenes Sury, there’s a head missing on the statue, I wonder if it was made like that, somehow I doubt it, it’s probably been vandalized I reckon.
Yes Henry the footwork is almost identical the only difference is the opposite feet doing the same thing, it must be something to do with high heels and aching feet.
That’s some sandal, maybe there’s a Japanese Yeti hiding somewhere. :shock: More seriously though I wonder why they decided to make a giant straw sandal? I like the woodwork in the background, fine hand crafted joinery it takes great skill to do that.
Greg
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

sury wrote: What are those white papers sticking in the last set Henry?
Those white papers are o-mikuji -- fortunes. People get them at Buddhist temples and by tradition and superstition usually leave the bad fortunes tied around the temple so that the bad luck doesn't follow them home. :)

More very nice Las Vegas Strip at night photos!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Greg Beetham wrote:I don’t think sneaking up behind a cop and yelling ‘spread em’ is one of your better ideas H. :lol:
Well, how did it work out in Australia? A variation is to sneak up, poke the policeman in the back with an umbrella or something like that, and then yell, "Spread 'em!" The advantage of this method is that if you are in a country where you don't speak the language or in a noisy environment then the addition of the body language using the umbrella might get the idea across more quickly. We are trying to see if policemen have strong muscle memory and their reflexes will respond before they have time to think. If you can get a photo too then that would be even better.
Greg Beetham wrote: That’s some sandal, maybe there’s a Japanese Yeti hiding somewhere. :shock: More seriously though I wonder why they decided to make a giant straw sandal? I like the woodwork in the background, fine hand crafted joinery it takes great skill to do that.
There is another sandal on the other side of the entrance too. Yes, Japan has many really expert wood craftsmen. Buddhist temples, shinto shrines, castles, etc. have old examples of their craftsmanship, but in lots of everyday things such as wooden boxes that are not expensive the workmanship is fine.

Here are two from this morning with the G15.

A tram going by and a sign for children (no kanji, only hiragana) at the rail crossing. It says: Stop, look left, look right.

Dead butterfly and ants.

bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Old Honda in front of an old shop in Tokyo with G15.

bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Old sign in Ikebukuro, Tokyo with G15. This Bud's for you! :lol:

Portable urinals at Ueno Park, Tokyo during hanami (cherry blossom viewing) season with G15:

sury

Unread post by sury »

Henry,
Is it my imagination or those urinals do not have doors?

Sury
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

sury wrote:Is it my imagination or those urinals do not have doors?
Doors? Who needs annoying doors? :lol: You are right, no doors. Often public toilets have urinals in rather open, exposed areas. No problem. Less modesty. Stalls for number 2 though provide for much more modesty than is typical in the U.S. though. Doors go all the way to the floor, are high, and are more like a regular door with no gaps. It is pretty common to be in a public toilet with men using urinals and a cleaning woman to be in there at the same time mopping the floor, cleaning mirrors, etc.

Also, if you go to an onsen (hot springs public bath) or sento (public bath) it is common for women to be in the men's changing room mopping up, etc. while men are walking around nude. I have been to those places many times.
Last edited by bakubo on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Henry,
Very interesting. Though I am not stranger to "public" urinals, most in India think
any area outside a structure is a public urinal and worse yet :lol: , it is very interesting
to know how different countries/cultures have a differing definition of modesty.
Thank you.

Sury
sury

Unread post by sury »

With Dimage A1.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Gqi2g]Image
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Thanks for posting, Sury. Nice flower. Do you still use your A1 any?
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Henry. My A1 died the sensor death that plagued those A1s. Luckily
it was still under warranty and they gave me money back. I bought an A2 with
that and continued using A2 till my DSLR. I use A2 occasionally for old times sake.

Sury
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bakubo wrote:I approached this Tokyo policeman from behind and yelled: それ広げ! (Spread 'em!) :lol: Taken with Canon G15.

Today I was looking through some photos that my wife took with my old Olympus D-510Z 2.1mp digicam when we were in Thailand in 2006. I found this photo of me. I don't recall, but I guess she must have yelled: Spread 'em! :lol:
PA200059.jpg
(204.45 KiB) Downloaded 2063 times
This was when I still carried a small monopod with me while traveling since I didn't have IS.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

It looks like both you and the officer are doing something you'd be fined for around here: peeing in public places :lol:
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

mvanrheenen wrote:It looks like both you and the officer are doing something you'd be fined for around here: peeing in public places :lol:
Darn, has The Netherlands become that uptight? :lol: So, no more of this in Amsterdam?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkfv0MoqKtk