Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread post by bakubo »

Headcell wrote:Mine is a little different. This was to record the chariot made by my younger son.
Your son did a great job on that chariot!

Two dog tired Japanese runners after the Honolulu Marathon:

KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

No sooner than when I come home from returning the Sigma 70mm macro do I find dozens of tiny frogs hopping around my front porch. The largest (this guy) is about 1 cm long. The picture was taken, of course, on my DSC-TX7.
Attachments
DSC-TX7, 4mm, f/3.5, 1/100 sec., ISO-125, "Macro" mode
DSC-TX7, 4mm, f/3.5, 1/100 sec., ISO-125, "Macro" mode
DSC00367a.jpg (349.97 KiB) Viewed 38586 times
Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

That's a cracking shot KB - really good dof with the TX7.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Nice eye-level close-up of the frog!

With morning frost:

Last edited by bakubo on Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Love the monochrome effect and dof there Henry - another great dof for a tiny sensor camera.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Impressive shots, gentlemen!

The thread is getting nicer and nicer by the photo... : )

Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Just returned last night from a 3 week holiday to Italy and Canada.
Something different. These shots were taken with Dimage A1 and Tcon300s. The set up was quite heavy and the images were taken hand held.
The setup is shown with Dimage A2. The 3X converter is fit with a custom bracket made for Dimage A1/A2/Ax family. The second set up shows the 4.4X conversion with an Olympus 14B attached with a ring adapter to the front of Tcon300s converter. Nice set up I should say.
The next post will have the crops from the image below that I scaled up to 8X10 and printed them on Epson R300 (fantastic printer for the price). They are framed in my living room. The shots are from Monterey historical automobile races.

With best regards,
Sury

Dimage A2 with tcon300s 3X converter.

Dimage A2 with tcon300s + tcon14b for a total of 880mm on Dimage A2 at 200mm.

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

These two crops show that even with 5MP you can get decent pictures. That's what I liked about Dimage A1/A2.
I have a 2' X 3' blow up of a 5MP Dimage A1 print on my fireplace. I was hoping my daughter would pick it up but she
thinks it is too heavy. One of these days it the bracket and the converter will go on eBay. It may be too late for the
bracket.

With best regards,
Sury

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Welcome back Sury - looks like you had a good trip :D. Wow - what a rig! A really great racing track picture as well.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Sury, that is an amazing rig you've got there. Great shot of the race!

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

I think the first one is of signs painted on a road surface, but the second has me stumped Henry :D. Perhaps something woven, but there is a great metallic texture as well.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:I think the first one is of signs painted on a road surface, but the second has me stumped Henry :D. Perhaps something woven, but there is a great metallic texture as well.
Yes, the first one is a road. The second one is the big leaf of a plant!

Another leaf, this one with raindrops:

bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

I started digital with a Nikon 2500, 2 megapixel and very expensive at the time, one of these little things with a swivvel lens - really practical for self portraits... Was rushing through a few folders with old pics if there is anything post-worty. But with hindsight, the quality is so bad. I believe the small sensors have become better over time, but looking at all these memories, it makes me sad to see how bad my pictures are. :wink:
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bossel wrote:I started digital with a Nikon 2500, 2 megapixel and very expensive at the time, one of these little things with a swivvel lens - really practical for self portraits... Was rushing through a few folders with old pics if there is anything post-worty. But with hindsight, the quality is so bad. I believe the small sensors have become better over time, but looking at all these memories, it makes me sad to see how bad my pictures are. :wink:
Yes, I remember that Nikon! I thought the design was pretty cool.

Back in 2001 I bought a 2mp Olympus D-510Z digicam, lower level than your Nikon, and liked to use it a lot. I also had a 1.3mp Olympus D-340R I got for my wife in 2000 that I would use sometimes before getting the 2mp one about 1.5 years later. I'll search if I can find any of the photos I took with it.

Here are a few photos from the 2mp Olympus D-510Z:

Couple with hot coffee on a cool autumn morning at English Bay, Vancouver:

No swimmers, but lifeguard on duty on a cool autumn morning at Sunset Beach on English Bay, Vancouver:

Vancouver Rowing Club on Coal Harbour, Vancouver on a snowy winter day:

Salmon are overrunning downtown Vancouver:

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

bossel wrote:I started digital with a Nikon 2500, 2 megapixel and very expensive at the time, one of these little things with a swivvel lens - really practical for self portraits... Was rushing through a few folders with old pics if there is anything post-worty. But with hindsight, the quality is so bad. I believe the small sensors have become better over time, but looking at all these memories, it makes me sad to see how bad my pictures are. :wink:
I have the same issue as Thomas. I have a lot of digital pictures, going back to 2001/2. My Sony DSC-P1 (3mp I think, but with ovf!) seemed like Star Trek technology. Sadly I new nothing of F-stops or shutter speed, and even less about photoshop. When I look back to those pictures there is very little worth sharing :(. My current cybershot (Dsc-T500, 10 mp, but no ovf) has gone to the level of Star Trek the Next Generation in comparison - but I suspect that I would be able to take similar quality pictures on both. Typing this I have remembered that I still have my P1, at the back of a draw somewhere - I wonder if I can still charge it up?