Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread post by bakubo »

I really should redo the post-processing of those old 2mp Olympus photos from 2001. I think I have improved my pp skills since I did those years ago. Maybe if I get a chance tonight I will redo them.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:I have the same issue as Thomas. I have a lot of digital pictures, going back to 2001/2. My Sony DSC-P1 (3mp I think, but with ovf!) seemed like Star Trek technology. Sadly I new nothing of F-stops or shutter speed, and even less about photoshop. When I look back to those pictures there is very little worth sharing :(. My current cybershot (Dsc-T500, 10 mp, but no ovf) has gone to the level of Star Trek the Next Generation in comparison - but I suspect that I would be able to take similar quality pictures on both. Typing this I have remembered that I still have my P1, at the back of a draw somewhere - I wonder if I can still charge it up?
Of course, I haven't seen your old photos, but if the composition is okay then they may just need a bit of post-processing. Naturally, you can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, but I have seen many photos by people which could benefit a lot from a bit of post-processing. Even years ago when I only shot JPEG I would still pp every shot -- sometimes just a small bit, sometimes more. Depends on the photo.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Birma, Thank you. I am trying to sort out 6K+ pictures from the trip. Surprising to me is that I did not use
Sigma 70-300 at all and 95% of the time had Minolta 28-135 on it.

Henry, Thank you and here are couple of more examples of the rig that should look familiar to you.
Atop from Diamond Head looking at left (Waikiki is to right). A 16X20 enlargement is hanging in my
living room and people can't believe a 5MP camera can produce it. I miss that A1.

Atop from Diamond Head looking at far left.

This one is from the condo we were staying 2 blocks from Waikiki beach. This is straight KM-A1 image without the
contraption. :)

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Sury, yes, I recognize all of those! Good going!

bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Go ahead, post your photos! :)

Funny, you can see my foot with flip-flop in the reflection. I never noticed that until just now. :)
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Something to reminesce about, Bakubo. : )

There's a bit of the photographer's challenge with self there; to be or not to be in the photo when there are reflective surfaces around... : )

Yildiz
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

I am sure it was intentional :lol:
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

aster wrote:Something to reminesce about, Bakubo. : )

There's a bit of the photographer's challenge with self there; to be or not to be in the photo when there are reflective surfaces around... : )
This gives me an idea for a new photo thread. Photos where there is evidence, intentional or unintentional, of the photographer but the photographer is not the main subject of the photo. You know, a photo that is not a total goof, but a photo that you still like yet it does have some sort of evidence of you while taking the photo.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bossel wrote:I am sure it was intentional :lol:
No, it wasn't! :) I really didn't even notice my foot there until I posted it here in this thread.
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

a tiny sensor is good for a Lilliput-like world
http://vimeo.com/12819723

Regards
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

pakodominguez wrote:a tiny sensor is good for a Lilliput-like world
http://vimeo.com/12819723

Regards
I saw this video yesterday as well - a friend had sent it to me as we had been discussing whether iPhone 4 meant that we should ditch P&S + separate phone and rationalise to just phone (I think we're really just trying to justify the cost :D). I bought my last P&S (Sony T500) to get the HD video (only 720p but it looks great). I'm still no nearer making a final decision though.

Like the idea of the relfections challenge - you often see the photographer reflected in subject's eyes as well.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

More morning frost:

bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bakubo wrote:
aster wrote:Something to reminesce about, Bakubo. : )

This gives me an idea for a new photo thread. Photos where there is evidence, intentional or unintentional, of the photographer but the photographer is not the main subject of the photo. You know, a photo that is not a total goof, but a photo that you still like yet it does have some sort of evidence of you while taking the photo.
Okay, I just started a new thread with this new photo subject:

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =17&t=4245
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Tiny sensor IR picture.

Sony DSC-V1
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:Tiny sensor IR picture.
Very nice!