Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
User avatar
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:58 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby sury » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:26 am

Nice shots Valery.
Perfect timing Henry. I am sure that girl just realized that she "posed" for the camera. Nice candid.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper

User avatar
bakubo
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance
Posts: 5593
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:55 am
Location: Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby bakubo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:05 am

sury wrote:Perfect timing Henry. I am sure that girl just realized that she "posed" for the camera. Nice candid.


Thanks, Sury.

Sadly this discussion forum seems to be pretty much dead. I imagine David is trying to figure out if it is worth it for him to keep paying to have it. :( I guess one of these days he will decide it isn't and then all the stuff I have posted (and a lot of it I spent a lot of time on) will disappear. :(

Although I see that lots of people visit the forum and read threads there are very, very, very few who post anything. Rarely a new thread, very few replies, etc. Over the last decade I have posted many things, usually with lots of info, supporting photos, etc. and especially in the last year or two there will be either no replies or very few. No discussion. But when I check I see that hundreds of people have read them. :shock: Oh well.

User avatar
ValeryD
Imperial Ambassador
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby ValeryD » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:47 am

bakubo wrote:Sadly this discussion forum seems to be pretty much dead. I imagine David is trying to figure out if it is worth it for him to keep paying to have it. :( I guess one of these days he will decide it isn't and then all the stuff I have posted (and a lot of it I spent a lot of time on) will disappear. :(

Although I see that lots of people visit the forum and read threads there are very, very, very few who post anything. Rarely a new thread, very few replies, etc. Over the last decade I have posted many things, usually with lots of info, supporting photos, etc. and especially in the last year or two there will be either no replies or very few. No discussion. But when I check I see that hundreds of people have read them. :shock: Oh well.

This happens with most forums, not just photo forums. People for communication go to a social networks. There is much more participants. It is more and more easy to publish photo videos etc. For example, the same photos that I posted and the commentary to them is read in scanned in social networks in 10 times, and even in 1000 times more.
Similar forums are more interesting for a specific discussion of photography techniques. Well, wait and see. :?
Everything in the life unusual!

User avatar
bakubo
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance
Posts: 5593
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:55 am
Location: Hawaii
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby bakubo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 pm

ValeryD wrote:This happens with most forums, not just photo forums. People for communication go to a social networks. There is much more participants. It is more and more easy to publish photo videos etc. For example, the same photos that I posted and the commentary to them is read in scanned in social networks in 10 times, and even in 1000 times more.
Similar forums are more interesting for a specific discussion of photography techniques. Well, wait and see. :?


Yes, there are probably about 4-6 people here who occasionally post something. Usually just a Twitter size post of a few words or occasionally a photo. Yet there are hundreds of people who read the post. I think I am tired of providing free content for them though since pretty much no one else does here anymore. Even David almost never posts anything anymore. Oh well.

User avatar
ValeryD
Imperial Ambassador
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby ValeryD » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:03 am

bakubo wrote:..........
Even David almost never posts anything anymore. Oh well.

Exactly! :!:
Everything in the life unusual!

User avatar
ValeryD
Imperial Ambassador
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby ValeryD » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:39 am

More from Samsung phone. :)

Image
Everything in the life unusual!

User avatar
aster
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance
Posts: 5370
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby aster » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:46 am

bakubo wrote:
Thanks, Sury.

Sadly this discussion forum seems to be pretty much dead. I imagine David is trying to figure out if it is worth it for him to keep paying to have it. :( I guess one of these days he will decide it isn't and then all the stuff I have posted (and a lot of it I spent a lot of time on) will disappear. :(

Although I see that lots of people visit the forum and read threads there are very, very, very few who post anything. Rarely a new thread, very few replies, etc. Over the last decade I have posted many things, usually with lots of info, supporting photos, etc. and especially in the last year or two there will be either no replies or very few. No discussion. But when I check I see that hundreds of people have read them. :shock: Oh well.



Hi Henry;

Change is the only thing that can't be changed from happening....

Times changed and indeed you are one of the forum members who provide valuable info for all. I personally wish to thank you for all your time and photo contributions. 'Free' is the key word here, I believe. Some people just stay around to read posts, maybe even 'steal' some ideas and rewrite them some place else to get some sort of attention for themselves, probably in exchange for some money too ! ... The whole idea of contributing suddenly becomes a means of 'being abused/exploited' by some who are too lazy to provide ideas and research for themselves. There always are people like that and apparently always will be. There has to be a way to protect our intellectual content and time when contributing to forums !
I must mention that I and the content I provided -some here and some elsewhere- were exploited by some to make money and name for them. They know exactly who they are and probably will read this message since they have been around these forums to see if there's anything new for them to exploit further.

This forum has been a good place to learn much about photography/photographers and equipment in a light-hearted yet insightful discussion environment due to the good nature of its contributors.
It would be a waste to lose all the precious material that were posted but change always happens and hopefully it will be a good one and for the better of us all. :)

Thank you all for your dear contributions ! :)

Yildiz

User avatar
ValeryD
Imperial Ambassador
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby ValeryD » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:27 am

Yeah ... Sounds like the forum is really dying, already a few messages about funeral ... It seems that people are still the same, which is so sad.
Especially with regard to the use of ideas. So there are a lot of ideas in Internet spaces.

Some people just stay around to read posts, maybe even 'steal' some ideas and rewrite them some place else to get some sort of attention for themselves, probably in exchange for some money too ! ... The whole idea of contributing suddenly becomes a means of 'being abused/exploited' by some who are too lazy to provide ideas and research for themselves. There always are people like that and apparently always will be. There has to be a way to protect our intellectual content and time when contributing to forums !


Do not write so generalize. Slightly touches. Especially the fact that I personally work with photography, and yet I find time to share something or just read, etc. Why write like this? Even with my English, which is the third language, it offends ...
After such messages, there really is no desire to do something here. :(
Everything in the life unusual!

User avatar
aster
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance
Posts: 5370
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby aster » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 am

ValeryD wrote:Yeah ... Sounds like the forum is really dying, already a few messages about funeral ... It seems that people are still the same, which is so sad.
Especially with regard to the use of ideas. So there are a lot of ideas in Internet spaces.

Some people just stay around to read posts, maybe even 'steal' some ideas and rewrite them some place else to get some sort of attention for themselves, probably in exchange for some money too ! ... The whole idea of contributing suddenly becomes a means of 'being abused/exploited' by some who are too lazy to provide ideas and research for themselves. There always are people like that and apparently always will be. There has to be a way to protect our intellectual content and time when contributing to forums !


Do not write so generalize. Slightly touches. Especially the fact that I personally work with photography, and yet I find time to share something or just read, etc. Why write like this? Even with my English, which is the third language, it offends ...
After such messages, there really is no desire to do something here. :(



Hi ValeryD; :)

Please do not be offended and I mean this. I definitely did not mean to include the contributors of this forum, which you're a very prolific contributor of among many others nor did I write it from a point of view where I see myself as prominent figure of influence.
I was coming from a personal experience where a photo of mine was used by an online news site without seeking my consent/approval. They could have easily messaged me through a PM when they saw the photo on PhotoClubAlpha forum but they didn't. I found my photo published online with their own caption and found out much later and had to contact them to notify that the photo belonged to me. These online news sites publish photos and articles to earn money by drawing the attention of the viewer. It's a business for them and they're in it for revenues. I believe that they owed me an explanation and notification. When learning the purpose of their usage, I gave consent and provided more photos for them to make a better coverage of the news. It is a resolved situation but as the owner of the photo, I believe I at least deserve the courtesy of being notified. A peaceful method always works...

My comments are results of such experiences of abuse....anyone who reads and learns from the posts on this forum are welcome and lucky to have access to a wealth of information provided by our experienced contributors who spend time to build this wealth with good intentions. I only expect that those that not just read but also use these posts or photos without consent also gave it the time and thought of the courtesy to get the permission. This forum is no secret community and sending a member a short message doesn't take long to ask their view on the usage of material. Common courtesy rules apply to our online materials just as to our personal belongings in the physical world. :) Don't we react when we find that our camera body or something less valuable is misplaced or stolen or temporarily is in the hands of someone that we don't know? I believe we all react in the real world..

I would have expected some thoughtful, careful consideration before they used my photo which apparently they never intended to provide me with.

This forum is full of good people who take pride in their work and contributions which they deserve at least some common courtesy for.

Hopefully, dear ValeryD, my views are better explained with this post. :) I don't want abuse for anyone especially when they are sharing so much of their hard work, putting in the time, mentality and the physical work to make all this wealth possible. :)

Just a little courtesy and goodwill would solve so much in similar situations. : )

If you still have doubts as to my real intentions, don't hesitate to share, please. When we have such good contributors as yourself, this forum can hardly die nor there will be any funerals. : ) But the owner of the website and the forum, David Kilpatrick holds the rights, and therefore the future is in his decision-making.

Thank you for sharing your perception,

Yildiz

User avatar
ValeryD
Imperial Ambassador
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby ValeryD » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:56 am

This is a much better explanation. :) Thank you!
Yes, in this world very often it happens. Yes, there are people who use our labor. I have more such cases than necessary. There was even a case when they offered me to buy my own picture ! Beyond impudence. The last case is when my pictures with remote watermarks were used for a documentary film and were given out for the personal work of the author of the film, and not only mine. I had to deal with this author and where would you think? In Hollywood ...
But, there are more normal people in this world. They ask and I almost always allow my work to be used, one condition is to leave a watermark or point to the author.
So we will be positive.
And yet, be careful - this is a public forum and generalizations in plagiarism offend many. :)
PS. Thanks for the nice words to my address! :)
Everything in the life unusual!

User avatar
aster
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance
Posts: 5370
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby aster » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:05 pm

.

:D I wish you the best with such encounters, ValeryD. These are indeed very impudent people. 'Proposing to sell a photographer his own proprietary' when all rights are owned by him anyway ? There's certainly a lot going wrong with that set of mind/mentality.

Always looking forward to your selfless contributions to the forum, your photos being just some of the best that make this forum more colourful and informed. :)

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz

ps. My photo which was used by the online news outlet was also watermarked...but apparently they saw no wrong-doing publishing the photo the way it was, covered in watermarks !?..... So much for work/job/vocational/professional ethics !?

User avatar
ValeryD
Imperial Ambassador
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby ValeryD » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:56 pm

OK! Return to "Tiny sensor." :)
I call it - "Sometimes cellphone not useless camera". :) Seriously, I did't expect anything like that from the phone camera...

Image

Image

Image
Everything in the life unusual!

User avatar
ValeryD
Imperial Ambassador
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Winnipeg
Contact:

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby ValeryD » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:59 pm

More from cellphone: https://flic.kr/s/aHskZb2M8A
Everything in the life unusual!

User avatar
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:58 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby sury » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:44 pm

Wow. Simply astounding.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper

User avatar
aster
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance
Posts: 5370
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Re: Tiny sensor revenge gallery thread!

Unread postby aster » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:25 pm

.

Lovely, rich colours and details. Even the bokeh is pleasant for a tiny sensor. :)

Thanks for sharing, ValeryD.

Yildiz


Return to “Give it Your Best Shot”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron