Sleeping Angel

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Sleeping Angel

Unread post by Dusty »

I shot this one of my youngest today as I was getting ready to shower for work. I didn't want to use flash and wake her, so it was 1/2 sec and ISO 800. I braced myself on the side of the crib, but even SSS couldn't compensate enough.
Sleeping Angel.jpg
(144.11 KiB) Downloaded 1287 times
Taken w/ the 28-105.

Dusty
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: Sleeping Angel

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

You're lucky, ours is 28 now!

I like the doll at the bottom of the pic. It's good to have a friend at your feet.

David
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

I have a ways to go until even my oldest is 28. Another 15 years, in fact.

She always insists on 2 of her dolls being in the crib with her, and insists on us taking them out with her. She rarely plays with them, but I guess she doesn't want them to feel trapped in the crib.

Dusty
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Very cute, Dusty! : )

Peace and silence...just before she opens her eyes and starts a day of demands.. : )) She probably sees more than the adult eyes in those dolls; a baby with imagination and a sense of responsibility to not leave them behind when on the move should be a good sign to smartness! :D

Yildiz
Dusty

Unread post by Dusty »

She's a smarty alright!

Today as I was hitting the shower the kids were yelling at each other about the TV. As I was headed down the hall, their yelling did the trick and I heard "Daddy" being called from the room - nap time was over. Since they woke her up I did what any responsible parent in need of a shower (just mowed the yard in 35C temp) would do. I pick her up out of the crib, put her down and told her "Go see Sam".

As she headed off towards the living room I quickly shut and locked the door. A smarty she is, but a bit too trusting! :wink:

Dusty
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Nice picture Dusty, I liked the dolls being in the photo as well.
Greg
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Great shot Dusty. The pose and expression are priceless. She's prepared for any contingency, dolls, sippy cup and binkie at the ready. John
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Rosearodoe
Acolyte

Unread post by Rosearodoe »

Absolutely, Wonderful Dusty. Little do we know that those trusty buddy keeps us safe and grounded during the deep slumber of sleep. During her waking hours she knows that they are her backup, they help her feel secure in herself. I bet if someone else tries to play with them, she either let's them play with a watchful eye or not all all. Very smart girl indeed. Tease her and teach her the difference. The oh, oh feeling is a good tacit to teach, to learn not always be trusting, of the bluffer or the wrong people. It helped teach our children the difference over a period of short time.