A few Snappers

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: A few Snappers

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

That could have turned into the out-and-not-got-back - braver than I am, but then the last time I tried crossing a ford, I could feel the river about to wash my car away and reckoned I got away just in time.

And that was on a 4X4 driving experience day... not for real!

David
Tony Meredith
Initiate

Unread post by Tony Meredith »

Greg, yes we did go right to the tip. Originally i had been planning a fishing trip to the gulf, but the people we were going with had to cancel, so we decided to do the cape instead. I didn't do much fishing, but i did pick up a nice barra in Lakefield NP. It was nervous stuff, fishing from the river bank, only metres from the edge in the dark. I've been told that there is some excellent barra fishing to be had at Giru, just down the road. Have you fished in this area?

Another couple from the cape:
Attachments
Cape York  013.jpg
Cape York 013.jpg (56.88 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
Cape York  011.jpg
Cape York 011.jpg (88.85 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
Cape York  010.jpg
Cape York 010.jpg (160.32 KiB) Viewed 1215 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

It looks like you had an excellent adventure Tony, some good friends of mine went all the way and there were some really good places on the way, but there was lots of spaces in between, and lots of corregations mile after endless mile that shake your car too pieces. I decided too pass on the tip expeditions. And yes I have fished around Giru many times in the past mainly just some crabbing and snag black bream, I believe the Barra can be there and on the bite at times, just have too be there at the right time, you can hear them chopping (and some croc growls) at night when I camped on the bank of Bomber Ck a few times. (a B17 crashed close to there).
Greg