3D Car Photoshoot with NEX-5 (no 3D tv needed)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Elysium0o
Acolyte

3D Car Photoshoot with NEX-5 (no 3D tv needed)

Unread post by Elysium0o »

Ok so not the best photo I have taken but I used the 3D sweep panorama feature from the Sony NEX-5 which looks great on a dedicated 3D TV so tried out bit of software to convert it to the old red/cyan glasses. All you will need are a bit of red and blue (ideally cyan) film and you will have some nifty results without buying a new tv. :)

Few glitches with movement but great fun to muck about with.

Full size can be seen here -http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5444/dsc02651zv.jpg
Last edited by Elysium0o on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: 3D Car Photoshoot with NEX-5 (no 3D tv needed)

Unread post by Javelin »

How can we see it in 3D ?
Elysium0o
Acolyte

Unread post by Elysium0o »

Sorry, I'll edit first post. Grab some red and light blue (ideally cyan) for each eye. 3D photos :)
David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

Go to WHSmith or any stationer selling kiddies books, buy a 3D book, and you get the specs.

I have checked it, it works OK, not amazing but not bad.

Here is a 3D Alpha 550/16-80mm two-shot still life, not NEX, a commercial job, glasses same:
3Ddrill-leafletconcept-web.jpg
3Ddrill-leafletconcept-web.jpg (133.42 KiB) Viewed 2316 times
Red filter left eye, cyan filter right eye. This should be very accurate to view, as it uses carefully adjusted coincident-focus anaglyph.

David
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I have a pair of so called 3D glasses with the red on the left and blue on the right, courtesy of Sky & Telescope magazine for use with some Mars photographs done in 3D they had inside the mag. once. It's always the same for me I can't get them to 'do' anything for me that I would interpret as 3D, although that Slot Drill one of yours David definitely looks better with them on than off.
In the NEX photo looking through the glasses the red cars either turn white or black depending on whether I squint with my left or right eye, I can't see them as red with the glasses on at all, funny thing though, the blue car on the left remains blue and the yellow on it remains yellow too.
Greg