Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2011)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2011)

Unread post by aster »

Happy New Year Everyone! :D

Here's to a 2011 that'll come bearing prosperity, good health, laughter, lots of reasons for happiness and photos!

The first weather report for the new year comes from Istanbul: A misty morning after the fireworks of the midnight celebrations.

Weather In Istanbul:
7 °C
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 4 °C
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 2 °C
Wind: 17 km/h / 4.6 m/s from the SSW

Yildiz
FirstDayOf2011-Istanbul.jpg
(189.11 KiB) Downloaded 5113 times
FirstDayOf2011--Istanbul.jpg
(189.25 KiB) Downloaded 5113 times
Last edited by aster on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today 2011-In Your Vicinity

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Great scenes Yildiz from your vantage point, I always enjoy your vistas of Istanbul. And a happy new year too you as well.
Greg

ps. And may that five story thingy that's blocking your view in the other direction suffer some horrible misshap and crumble into dust. :twisted:
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

tsawwassen -5ºc. 3:10 am.

Yes thats a great start to the New Year Yildiz.

Lucky we have you perched in such a fabulous location. I suggest you set up a webcam, it would be very popular for sure.

Happy new year. Yildiz & Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote: Great scenes Yildiz from your vantage point, I always enjoy your vistas of Istanbul. And a happy new year too you as well.
Greg
:D Thank you very much, Greg! And I always enjoy your shots of "all-things-included" in Townsville and around Australia.

By the way, celebrations in Sydney as was seen live from Sydney were awesome. It's always interesting watching an other land tread on a new date while we're still dutifully pronouncing today. :)
Greg Beetham wrote:ps. And may that five story thingy that's blocking your view in the other direction suffer some horrible misshap and crumble into dust. :twisted:
Bless you! And may the Universal Powers work wonders on your last thughts! : )) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

david antony wrote:tsawwassen -5ºc. 3:10 am.

Yes thats a great start to the New Year Yildiz.

Lucky we have you perched in such a fabulous location. I suggest you set up a webcam, it would be very popular for sure.

Happy new year. Yildiz & Greg
Happy new year, David Antony, my friend who posted some of the most endeared photos of 2010 on the last 'weather' thread! :D
You made that thread a joyful roadshow at times and an amusement park walk-about at others and they were all beautiful. Thank you! : ))

The suggestion of a webcam might work if I can keep a healthy and good track of it. That's indeed a fine idea, thank you! :D

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

And a happy new year to you as well DA. Looks like we've got a shiny new decade to grow older in. :)

Too busy to do much serious photography, still fixing things, found some termite damage now. The grass was too wet to mow until it was feet tall out the front, the neighbour saw me trying to mow it so he came up with his ride on.
Greg
Townsville weather: 25.2|30.3°C, H63%, 15|26km/h SSE|ENE cloudish.

A100 KM24-105
DSC03304.jpg
DSC03304.jpg (121.54 KiB) Viewed 8394 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hooray! A new 'Weather Today' thread to hang out in :D . Like your opening shots Yildiz, lovely subtle colours in that glorious vista - what a way to start the new year thread. Greg is hard at work as usual. I think you were doing a better job with the push along by the looks of it :D . (Something always makes me nervous when I see people with mowers and bear feet :shock: .)

Just to say that David's (aka 'braeside') weather station web site (in the 2010 thread) was very interesting - how did you set that up David?

Worcester again has rather miserable weather today:
Grey Cloud,
Temp 7°C 45°F,
Wind North Westerly 6mph 10km/h,
Humidity 100%,
Pressure: 1025mb falling
Visibility: Moderate

Nevertheless we had a family walk in the woods through the drizzle and mist. I was relegated to the P&S so I'm sorry that my first posted shot of 2011 is not even on a dslr, but at least it was a Sony :D . The onluy green in the wood seem to be from moss and ivy. I rather liked this little scene on a rotten tree stump.
Toadstool stump.jpg
(208.61 KiB) Downloaded 5092 times
Taken with Sony DSC-T500.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

First snow here. Not much but it is snow.
Tomorrow will be a sunny day (at least that's the forecast)
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Today is New Year's Day so the beaches are super crowded with tourists from all over the world. The number of tourists has been notably higher in the last 2 days. It has been sunny with a few clouds and the temperature is 80F/27C. Obama and family have been here on Oahu for a week or two and, I think, are leaving next week. Here is a photo about 2.5 hours ago:

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Yes Birma I was a lot slower with the mower but it was doing a better job I thought as well, but he was keen to try out his new ride-on on something challenging, he eventually got it down after another pass...and yeah, bare feets and mowers don't go together...at all.
Dang! even your toadstools are pretty, good one.
Take a pic Doc and let us see.
Good one Henry, that's how to get away from it all...ha ha.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Greg Beetham wrote:Too busy to do much serious photography, still fixing things, found some termite damage now. The grass was too wet to mow until it was feet tall out the front, the neighbour saw me trying to mow it so he came up with his ride on.
Greg
Hi Greg, : )

Any help from the neighbour is a welcome one if it'll reduce the number of chores from your list of 'things-to-to'. :D As long as it's done to suit your needs, that is!

Now you can focus on the damage the termites caused maybe ? It's like you're building a brand new house out of the old one. :D

God Speed!

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Birma wrote:Hooray! A new 'Weather Today' thread to hang out in :D . Like your opening shots Yildiz, lovely subtle colours in that glorious vista - what a way to start the new year thread. Greg is hard at work as usual. I think you were doing a better job with the push along by the looks of it :D . (Something always makes me nervous when I see people with mowers and bear feet :shock: .)

Nevertheless we had a family walk in the woods through the drizzle and mist. I was relegated to the P&S so I'm sorry that my first posted shot of 2011 is not even on a dslr, but at least it was a Sony :D . The onluy green in the wood seem to be from moss and ivy. I rather liked this little scene on a rotten tree stump.

Thank you, Birma. : )

Lovely shot of the moss and tods. I love the colours. Actually the T-500 is a good one for delivering good colours and resolution. But that can be said of most Sony Point&Shoots I guess. I love my DSC-V3 for its colours and sharpness as well; must be the Carl-Zeiss lens doing one of the finest jobs.

bakubo wrote:Today is New Year's Day so the beaches are super crowded with tourists from all over the world. The number of tourists has been notably higher in the last 2 days. It has been sunny with a few clouds and the temperature is 80F/27C. Obama and family have been here on Oahu for a week or two and, I think, are leaving next week. Here is a photo about 2.5 hours ago:

:) Where to find a little space to lay one's mat?! What a lively crowded beach it is.

Nice warm shot!

Yildiz
paulmurphy
Grand Caliph

Unread post by paulmurphy »

A happy new year to all. Greg I hope your part of Queensland is still above water.

Newcastle upon Tyne (today Jan 2nd) cloudy, no wind and 3 degC. I had hoped for a sunrise but it never came.

This is an HDR image of the Quayside in Newcastle in pre-dawn light.

Paul
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thankyou Greg and Yildiz :D .

Two super shots from Henry and Paul - very different places and subjects - just part of the rich tapestry we get here.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Lovely image Paul.
We are ok here up to now despite the amount of rain we've had so far this wet season. They said on the news last night that the area of Qld. that was flooded was bigger than Germany and France combined, I'm not sure how big that actually is but it sounded like a lot of water. Who would be a farmer? poor blighters, some areas were a dust bowl for years and last wet season they finally got rain enough to think about maybe they could get out of debt, and now the whole district is drowning with too much water.
Greg

ps. Yes Yildiz it seems like I'm rebuilding, the termites (deceased) got up the old wooden stumps (since replaced long ago with steel ones in concrete), the damage is confined to a few oak weather boards (have some spare planks) and some pine tongue and groove (I can make matching boards on my router bench), they bypassed the hardwood frame, too tough even for termites it seems.

No rain today...yay, but overcast just the same.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Very nice images for this year already!

It was pretty cold here. Although it was a clear day and it was about 4 degrees Celsius, the wind made it cold.

Took the 30mm Sigma for a spin at a local lake.