Birds 2011

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Birds 2011

Unread post by aster »

aa los banos wrote:many thanks guys :)

@david, did my photo make it on the cover? what photo and how to get a copy of the magazine? thanks :D
Hi aa los Banos, :)

Naturally and obviously, I'm not David but I just captured the screens of the digital version that's published on YUDU for you. : ) Here's your cover photo! It's that photo which was highly regarded by the forum members here.

And to answer your question on getting a copy of the PHOTOWORLD magazine; anyone who has a photo published in the magazine wins a free subscription for a year and a T-shirt deisgned by David and Shirley Kilpatrick. :) So, you'll probably find a magazine in your mailbox very soon.
If you wish to subscribe to the digital version also, then you'll have to follow the links provided at the PHOTO CLUB ALPHA homepage.

I hope this helps.

Yildiz

Here are two glimpses from the most recent issue without giving everything away. : )
COVERPHOTO-AALOSBANOS.jpg
(164.7 KiB) Downloaded 1229 times
AA LOS BANOS AND OTHERS.jpg
(178.83 KiB) Downloaded 1229 times
Last edited by aster on Tue May 10, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aa los banos
Oligarch

Unread post by aa los banos »

that's awesome yildiz and thanks for attaching these photos! i'll be waiting for my copy :wink:
.....it's all about timing"
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

aa los banos wrote:that's awesome yildiz and thanks for attaching these photos! i'll be waiting for my copy :wink:
You're welcome AA. : )

Glad to be of help.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi Birma, : )

What a glorious team 'paddling' a pageant so neat. These within the frame look very obedient. : ))

-------------------------------------------------

Hi David Antony, : )

Your most recent bird shots are amazing, considering you shot them in the nick of time and are birds like bald eagles and such. Wonderful wildlife shots so close to where humans reside!

--------------------------------------------------

Hi again AA, : )

Looking more like a painter's colour mixing pallette that red-capped parrot is a good catch. The smooth background does indeed bring the parrot forth.

Thanks for sharing everyone.

Yildiz
aa los banos
Oligarch

thanks again aster :D

head-on
DrScottNicol
Oligarch

Unread post by DrScottNicol »

There's some lovely shots posted above...

Heres a Swan on the river Thames I took about a month ago. I was particularly excited as it was the first truly sunny day since I'd bought the camera, thus proving the sensor was actually capable of rendering the sky blue as opposed to grey or white... which made for a gorgeous looking blue river reflection.

a55, Sony 18-250mm Superzoom. 1/500, f8, 200mm ISO 100.
Sony NEX 5n (IR Conversion) / Nex 5r / a55 / NEX 6 / Dynax 7 / a77 user

http://www.SNICOLPHOTOS.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drsnicol
DrScottNicol
Oligarch

Unread post by DrScottNicol »

@AA Los Banos, thats a lovely, visually striking photo and well done for making the cover.

@everyone else, eagle eyed readers might notice another forum users name (*cough*) hidden on the gallery page text that aster kindly posted.... :-)

Scott
Sony NEX 5n (IR Conversion) / Nex 5r / a55 / NEX 6 / Dynax 7 / a77 user

http://www.SNICOLPHOTOS.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drsnicol
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hmm, nice ones AA and Scott. : ))

AA, as always you know how to catch a good shot out of the many movements of these hard-to-shoot creatures.

Scott,

Congratulations on the photos in the magazine! :D
I didn't wish to reveal too much since there are more surprises than just these shots for the reader, hence the 'patchy' glimpses. : ))

Yildiz
DrScottNicol wrote:@AA Los Banos, thats a lovely, visually striking photo and well done for making the cover.

@everyone else, eagle eyed readers might notice another forum users name (*cough*) hidden on the gallery page text that aster kindly posted.... :-)

Scott
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Well done aa los banos and DrScottNIcol, the sunset was a good choice for the cover, magic shot.
Greg
aa los banos
Oligarch

galah.....

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Lovely bird shots both (and of course great contributions in the mag as well :D ).
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Never posted in this forum (that I can remember). We have a bird nest outside our front door. After a month of gingerly walking in and out of our house, the time was coming for the little guys to take off. Part of the intrigue of this experience has been the bravery of the parents in dealing with our comings and goings. Knowing the time was near that the family would be gone, I hoped to photograph the male as he is quite colorful for a sparrow.
So I stick my head out the door this morning and look to my left. The little guys are intact and watching me. I raise the 300mm lens to get a shot. The focus motor kicks in and like a grenade exploding, all 3 birds jump right out of the nest. It was bedlam. The father lites on the driveway post not far away and starts to either chirp commands to the troops or cuss me out for violating their personal space.
I was able to get a few shots. No animals were harmed in the making of this image. That is my disclaimer.
We all get pushed from the nest sooner or later. Their day came today.

Edit
One more. The not so happy parents checking me out. taken with the 70-200mm. Both images are cropped.

Last edited by jbtaylor on Fri May 13, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Cracking shots JB. As well as the great story behind them, they look super crisp and the bokeh is fab.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Wow nice Galah aa los banos.
That looks like the same as the one DA had the other day jbtaylor, I don't think it's a common Sparrow, but definitely a finch of some kind though, I liked the story as well.
Greg
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

I think you are right Greg. Thanks for the info.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi AA,

: ) Impressive shot of the Galah.

Thanks for sharing.

----------------------------------------------

Hi JBTaylor, : )

What a sweet feathered family so close to your life! Lovely colours and expressions.

Glad you that you were able to get their shots.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz