best holiday pic?

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
caporip
Grand Caliph

best holiday pic?

Unread post by caporip »

Have you a favourite shot from your holiday, here's mine:-

Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you....
My Flickr site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mvanrheenen

Re: best holiday pic?

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

That would be this one because of the story: I gave a holiday to Portugal to my girlfriend last year and on the card I made I had printed a picture of a big, hollowed rock. It was so beautiful. As a hint, I wrote down in Portuguese if she wanted to go looking for the rock with me. After finding out what the text meant and what I was giving her, we laughed about it thinking we would never find this rock on the picture because Portugal is so big.

Finally there, we discovered after about a week that this rock was about 500 meter from our hotel :-D I had to take this picture with my girlfriend on it as evidence to our friends we really found the rock!

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I like both of those.
Greg
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great idea Richard. Two lovely images already and an intresting story Mvanrheenen! It can be quite hard to narrow a week down to one picture :D . Here is the picture that sums up our holiday on the Isle of Skye in October. The end of a perfect afternoon on Glen Brittle beach (including paddling!).
Afternoon's End.jpg
(184.37 KiB) Downloaded 1335 times
A100 + Tamron 11-18mm
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
caporip
Grand Caliph

Unread post by caporip »

Nice shot Birma I love Skye back up there for two weeks (based in Dunvegan) in July - can't wait!
Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you....
My Flickr site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Richard. I agree that Skye is a fantastic place to visit and photograph. I'm lucky to have family there now and so visits are relatively frequent, but not often enough to diminsh the excitement of going again :D . End of March, enroute to Harris, is the next scheduled visit for us.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
gio67
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by gio67 »

good pics again, i like the Skye one Birma but I'm biased

heres one from peru and two from cuba

ACIPhotos
Heirophant

Unread post by ACIPhotos »

Great holiday / travel shots. Oh to be somewhere else! It's a long way off to my hols!
Anna
mvanrheenen

Next stop for me will be London for work later this month and then off to Spain for a week in march. I'm taking my sweety, parents, brother and sister in law to Andalusia for my birthday. Can't wait!
ACIPhotos
Heirophant

Unread post by ACIPhotos »

mvanrheenen wrote:Next stop for me will be London for work later this month and then off to Spain for a week in march. I'm taking my sweety, parents, brother and sister in law to Andalusia for my birthday. Can't wait!

How warm! I'm stuck here in the Midlands planning to move to Devon - so holidays are thin on the ground. You will have to put your hol shots on the forum.
Anna
mvanrheenen

I will :)
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Great diversity so far in this thread. I haven't posted in a while, but here is one of mine from the summer.. Ian and Emma coming in from their first parasailing adventure. I have to admit that I threw them under the bus on this one. They didn't want to be the first up, but when the driver of the boat asked who wanted to go first, I promptly offered them up!! They had a great time, and wanted to go again!
Attachments
Ian and Emma coming in.jpg
(194.09 KiB) Downloaded 1237 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Nice photo, John. :)

Yildiz