::..:: Everyday People ::..::

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Re: ::..:: Everyday People ::..::

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Some from San Francisco.
Attachments
Makin' a Dime.jpg
(183.99 KiB) Downloaded 2216 times
Playin' to an Empty House.jpg
(214.87 KiB) Downloaded 2216 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice street shots John :D . Put me in mind of Henry's street pictures. (haven't heard from Henry here for a while. Hope he's ok in Central America. )
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Birma- I had people photography as a goal while on vacation. I had originally wanted the guitar player for the "Person as an Individual" challenge, but my laptop died, so I had no way to process photos. Here is a MUNI bus driver that I managed to photograph just before he closed the doors of the bus. It seems I captured myself as well. :D
I'm sure Henry is fine down in Central America.. He is probably just too busy photographing the locals to stop and post anything!
Attachments
MUNI driver and me resize.jpg
(216.2 KiB) Downloaded 2204 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

:lol: Good capture with you in shot as well John!
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Birma.. Speaking of people, I like your new avatar!
After a long walk around San Francisco, we came upon some dancers on Market Street. Luckily the gals were shopping nearby, so I could shoot without worrying about boring Dannelle and Emma.
Attachments
street dancing 1.jpg
(230.58 KiB) Downloaded 2199 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Another good one John :D .
Juanito200 wrote:Speaking of people, I like your new avatar!
Well, the previous one was a bit old, and I had this picture from last weekend that Tilly (my daughter) took of me while we were out for a walk in the countryside. I like that the city of Worcester is in the extreme background. I had been messing around trying some stuff on the tripod and I had it set really low so that she could see through the view finder. We decided to take pictures of each other and this is her's of me.
KevinBarrett
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by KevinBarrett »

A couple of guys taking turns on the pay-telescope at the top of an observation tower.

Kevin Barrett
-- Photos --
Juanito200
Viceroy

Great shot Kevin. I know exactly where that is!
Here is another one from San Francisco..
Attachments
ordinary day.jpg
(222.44 KiB) Downloaded 2172 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I haven’t checked this thread for a little while, I like all those SF street shots John, great peek into the daily happenings there.
Greg
Juanito200
Viceroy

Thanks Greg!
I wish I could have gotten even more!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

A Worcester street today.
Friar-Street.jpg
(167.39 KiB) Downloaded 2144 times
Taken with my latest piece of kit - Nex 5 with SEL18-55. It is certainly much easier for me to take street shots with this :D .
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Oo a guitar shop Birma, now a few shots of instruments in there would be interesting as well... and I wonder if the got their trainee stylist (on the left)? It looks sort of Mall-ish with no cars allowed in there, great idea. I like the photo very much.
Greg
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Greg. I hope the Nex encourages me to shoot more street photopgraphy. Worcester has two dedicated guitar shops and another general music store that sells guitars as well. It must be a booming market :D . Older UK towns and cities are usually "pedestrianised" to some degree; that is the smaller streets around the main shopping area are closed to regular traffic so we don't all get squashed. I guess it is like a mall, but not enclosed and more irregular. There are a couple of smaller malls as well built in to the city centre. This particular street in Worcester is where a lot of the independent stores are, rather than the big chains. It also has a few very old timber framed buildings still.
Juanito200
Viceroy

That's a nice scene from Worcester Birma. I miss San Francisco's walkability already, and most buildings near me are less than 20 years old, and not that interesting.. I was just reading today that S. F. was voted America's 2nd most walkable city.
digitalpimp08
Acolyte

Unread post by digitalpimp08 »

24) Oversize.

25) The wait.

26) The Backstreet Boys.