Airplane ... :-)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
InTheSky
Viceroy

Airplane ... :-)

Unread post by InTheSky »

Sunday was the second official day of commercial traffic with the A380 in Montreal airport. The flight will be there now each day for Montreal-Paris.

Evan my son really love Airplane and it is in fact one of his first word (before Dad ... ).

Here is one shot of the A380 just before landing :

Sony A900 + 200mm HS 2.8

And another one with Evan and Mom watching another airplane coming. This is a very good spot in Montreal to watch, just about ~500 feet of landing, you can almost feel the wind of the plane when they pass over your head :

Sony NEX 5 with 16mm 2.8 (thanks to the flip screen, the camera was directly on the ground)

Regards,

Frank
Frank
A7 (R, S & R II) + NEX 3N ( and few lenses )
aa los banos
Oligarch

Re: Airplane ... :-)

Unread post by aa los banos »

cool head-on shot on the 1st one frank, sharp :)
.....it's all about timing"
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Both great shots Frank. Looks like you wre guiding in the plane in the first one :) .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
alphaomega
Viceroy

Unread post by alphaomega »

Great shots Frank. Never tried to photograph flying objects before but was out on the venerable ocean going paddle steamer Waverley round Mull here in Scotland two days ago and a German crew circled the ship in this helicopter taking gibabytes of video of the ship in a rolling sea. Had difficulties in standing steady but managed a few shots with my A580 fitted with a Sony 18-250 zoom. I was amazed at the successrate using just the Wide setting. The AF seems to be able to focus in on the helicopter and that with a zoom not renowned for its focusing speed.
Attachments
Helicopter above Waverley.jpg
(57.39 KiB) Downloaded 1022 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

That's an impressive shot in the first one. Good spot for shooting airplanes of all types. The night shots probably would be more impressive. : )

I wonder what the pilots are thinking of the collective amount of interested people with cameras? : )) Capatain: 'Landing to Fame, guys! Put on your best behavior'.

Montreal-Paris, heh? Nice. :) Language won't be a problem between these two most beautiful cities.

-------------------

Nice clear shot of the helicopter, Alphaomega. : ) Almost frozen in mid air. Good performance from the 18-250mm.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice 'copter :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

The A380 here is really only 800 pixels wide, like most other airpline shots here :lol:

But in real, what a monster!! :shock: Didn't fly one yet, but saw it once in Frankfurt... :mrgreen:
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Did I ever mention that airplanes and choppers are very photogenic?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I like the view of the flaps and slats deployed on the A380 on final approach Frank, good shot. The one framing the wife and plane is good too.
Good chopper shot under the circumstances alphaomega.
Greg