Hi again from Fogo Island!

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
camperbc
Heirophant

Hi again from Fogo Island!

Unread post by camperbc »

Although my spine was causing its usual chaos, I managed yesterday to climb out of bed and go outside for a short while with one of my A500's and old Minolta 50mm lens, in an attempt to capture something interesting... right in our own yard, as I was unable to venture any distance. Sometimes I tend to forget just how nice some of these old Minolta lenses really are, so when I do stick one on for the first time in quite a while, I get pleasantly surprised all over again.

So I took a bit of a stroll around the lawn, and came up with these. Not my usual Fogo Island landscapes kind of stuff, but nevertheless, I am looking forward to framing them; perhaps stick them on our bedroom wall to cheer me up on the days I cannot get mobile.

I am hoping that everyone who owns a Sony camera has one of these inexpensive yet superb Minolta 50mm prime lenses. If you don't have one, get one! They are fast, extremely sharp, compact and lightweight, with fantastic colour and lovely bokeh!

Well, hopefully the next time I get up and about, I can get back to exploring some of my island's scenic coastal trails, but I was happy with these quick and easy shots taken within a few steps from my door.

(all were captured handheld with A500/Minolta Maxxum AF 50mm f/1.7 at f/2.5-2.8, ISO200)

Glen
http://www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: Hi again from Fogo Island!

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Very pretty flowers there Glen and nicely photographed, and you're right the 50 Minolta is a very desirable lens.
Greg
Anne_LilyofTheValley
Oligarch

Unread post by Anne_LilyofTheValley »

Nice photos Glen. I like the colors and bokeh.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Count me in too.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
juances_1965
Acolyte

Unread post by juances_1965 »

I have one Minolta 50mm f1.7, its great. Are you living on Cabo Verde?
Visit my web site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/juances
thanks
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Very Nice pictures Glen. I'm very fond of my Minolta AF 50 /1.7, but I'm currently besotted with an older lens - the Minolta MC 50/1.4. I hope the 1.7 will forgive me ;)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
camperbc
Heirophant

Unread post by camperbc »

Hi Juances,

No, that is a different Fogo Island; we are in Canada; off the northeast coast of Newfoundland.

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com