A quiet afternoon in the garden?

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bonneville
Grand Caliph

A quiet afternoon in the garden?

Unread post by bonneville »

So there I was, last Friday, first day of decent weather for months. Pottering in the garden.

Seems that the local RAF base was having a bit of an airshow..... good job I had my a700 & Minolta 300 f4 with me.
Not a sight you see every day of the week :o

Took lots of the different aircraft, old and new and posted some on my website. (Severely reduced in quality for bandwidth).
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Re: A quiet afternoon in the garden?

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That's a damn fine shot of a Vulcan bomber....hmm I thought the RAF had decomissioned the Vulcan from active service, but they must have a few still flying anyway, good too see, I remember one or two paid a visit here quite a while ago and did a couple of demo passes over the airfield and departed with a full power steep climb, I can still remember it, very impressive.
Greg
bonneville
Grand Caliph

Unread post by bonneville »

Greg Beetham wrote:I thought the RAF had decomissioned the Vulcan from active service, but they must have a few still flying
Greg
Hi Greg

Actually, it is the very last remaining flying Vulcan in the world, privately owned by a consortium of enthusiasts. I understand that it cost £20,000 every time it takes to the air, which is not very often.

I live adjacent to the airbase in Rutland and get this sort of view as all the aircraft make their turn for a run in. Not bad eh? (And visitors say how awful it must be so close to an airfield).

Last month they did drop a Harrier into the field less than a mile away so there are risks :roll: but the pilot ejected and was okay. They train the Harrier pilots here so it is enevitable I guess.
Links to my: Flickr Blog Twitter
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Usually if you see one of these flying by with the doors open it's a bad sign ..