was in the big City earlier took a few shots

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

was in the big City earlier took a few shots

Unread post by Javelin »

these are a few A700 shots I got the day I picked it up from repairs. Though I would try out Davids Coppermine gallery too.

Toronto City hall .. many people have seen this award winning building in Canadian postcard books. Tghis was assembled from 2 photos

to the immediate right of the first picture

CRASH! Parking mishap ?
Image]

Playing bongos.

Livin rough .. for a long time
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: was in the big City earlier took a few shots

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice pictures. I like them. :D
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Looks like the A700 is working ok now, what was wrong with if?
I don't think I've ever seen an image of that building before, sure is a striking design alright.
The parking problem one is dramatic but what's the purpose I wonder...too advertise a parking lot maybe...looks like the same style they used here on the outside of the Museum here, they arranged a Theropod dinosaur in the act of smashing through the side wall and it does look awsome, but it was all attached onto the outside of the wall :)
Question without notice: How does someone who lives on the street possibly survive a Canadian winter? the mind boggles...that is one tough hombre.
Greg
Javelin
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Javelin »

Main board had a fault. the tech said there was a dead short before the connector for the screen (the reason I thought water got in the screen aside from the fogging) he didn't want to say that the only place water can get in is through the screen and the memory card door. he mentioned something interesting that I see now,the door and the place the door winds up are designed to have a rubber seal. the recess in the mold is there but it looks like they put hard plastic in there instead of a gasket or perhaps they filled in the tooling to eliminate the recess except for a trace of where it was. The door has a skirt thats made to engage a seal.

I have a feeling that in the run up of the design of this camera they decided late to use the screen they did and had to re-jig to make it work and lost the ability to seal it. I have no evidence of this other than some odd impressions I get from the way the parts are made and it seems a lot of it was made to shed water.

That building houses "city TV" which is a local TV station thats become kind of famous for their unique style. there kind of the anti-network. also they are the home of "much music" which is the Canadian equivalent of MTV in the US.

There are a few hardcore street people that do all 4 seasons outside. There are some organizations that look after them and make sure (as best they can) that they have what they need. the less dedicated sort hit the shelters on the cold days. Toronto doesn't have horrendously bad winters except for maybe a few days each season because the lake has a huge influence on their weather. this past winter was the worst in recent memory but not brutally cold in fact I think they came within a few mm or a record snow season. I live about 100Kms north of there and in a completely different weather zone. the great lakes affect our weather too but usually it's to increase snowfall (lake effect snow) the area is well populated but there are spots you could get stuck and it would be very hazardous. I had a friend that recently moved here and he wasn't prepared and could have froze to death in a snowbank if a farmer hadn't found him. it was hard because he called me to come find him but he was so unfamiliar with the area he couldn't tell me where he was.

the city hall building seems kind of old fashioned these days but it is still very unique