Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Unread post by aster »

High: 7°

Wind: From West South West at 14 kmph

Humidity: 87%
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very cold and rainy day in Istanbul.

Greg,

This shot depicts one of the nicest sunsets from your place. I like your panoramic take on the frame.. : )

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Thanks kids, (Birma, DA and Yildiz) :D
Ah I see Birma, maybe shoot from even further back and zoom in with the trusty old beercan or such and put the babbling brook a bit more out of focus….hard too say for sure what would work best there, but might be worth a shot…
Rest assured DA rest assured, ze lightning raid was mounted upon the unsuspecting beer fridge, it never saw it coming…. :lol:
Aw shucks Yildiz, thanks for the kind words, I’m working up on top of the patio roof now scraping the peeling paint on the house, a really rotten job, but it makes a good vantage point for seeing the sunsets …goodness graciousment a max of 7°C and windy and raining too in Istanbul…brrr, I nearly got frostbite thinking about it. :shock:
Greg
Townsville weather: 25|32°C, H64%, 20km/h ESE
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul:
0°C: Feels Like -5°C
Wind: From Northwest at 19 kmph
------------------------------------------------------

Greg;

Just take care and try not to chat with the pigeons that share the roof estate with you since they do have the advantage of being airborne when they choose to. : )) Until you grow your own pair of wings, it's safety belt for you.

It's night time now in Istanbul and it's been snowing and windy during the day hours. I shot what is visible at the moment and there's a 'seagulls on the snow-covered roof' shot from the past week. In real life the seagulls were acting and walking like penguins to my eyes!

Yildiz

SnowyNightInIstanbul-17Feb2012.jpg
(157.84 KiB) Downloaded 1899 times
seagulls&Snow.jpg
(194.05 KiB) Downloaded 1899 times
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

tsawwassen 6ºc. & wet

Great night shot Yildiz. Love the guys on the ski-slopes with the ski instructor perched on the warm chimney ;^)

Thanks for sharing.
DennisG

Unread post by DennisG »

Bottom floor for rent :) i have actually been in to this houseboat this summer and it´s brand new.
Second one is my first attempt to shot fog as it is rolling in from the frozen lake in this morning.
Attachments
_DSC5522.jpg
_DSC5522.jpg (235.69 KiB) Viewed 3742 times
_DSC5469-2.jpg
_DSC5469-2.jpg (190.74 KiB) Viewed 3742 times
david antony
Viceroy

Nice crisp & clear snow scene DG.

Like the mist on the water (nice colour) with barely a ripple. I was out to sea yesterday in the mist & rain.

Thanks for sharing
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great weather pics Yildiz and Dennis :D .

I really like that night shot Yildiz - great colours.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
david antony
Viceroy

Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Tsawwassen 6ºc. & Wet

Had to go to Victoria yesterday, nice having the ferry terminal in Tsawwassen. ;^)

Shots from the upper deck, drizzle stiff breeze & cold. lots of vibration on these things.

Leaving the Tsawwassen dock. (Thrust)

Passing the ferry I later took back, in Active Pass between Galiano & Mayne Islands.

Saltspring Island.

Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Love that night shot Yildiz, and the Seagulls on the snow slope, my favourite is the pear shaped one lower down waiting for the guys further up to get themselves sorted out.

Will that houseboat be ok when the snow melts Dennis? That’s an amazing depth of snow. Both are interesting shots, nice exposure.

What are those big door/gate things DA? Or are they deflectors and not doors after all?
Nice looking vessel is it arriving at that point? And what is that out in front in the water, rapids, waves or ice?
That last one is a nice scene but it looks a tad cold too my tropical eyes.
Greg
Townsville weather: warmish, light high level cloud.
(Don’t worry Yildiz the patio roof is fairly big and reasonably flatish)
KM5D KM18-200
PICT1911.jpg
PICT1911.jpg (126 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
david antony
Viceroy

Tsawwassen Wet, Windy & 6ºc.

Quite the project you got going there Greg.

I was on the Coastal Celebration when I took the photo of the Coastal Renaissance Greg, it left Schwartz Bay the same time we left Tsawwassen so the trip was halfway point for both vessels as we were heading to Schwartz Bay and Renaissance to Tsawwassen. The current in front of the Coastal Renaissance is due to tide.

Here is a clip of a boat docking at Tsawwassen. Fast forward its a long winded process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuDKfI-wnB8
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Yeah wow, they sure make a big production out of lowering the ramp DA, I kept wondering when is it going to happen, surely soon.
The 45 year old paint was a little past it’s use by date up there, I think it’s actually worse there than in other sections I’ve fixed, this is how it was before I finished stripping it.
Greg
A100 KM24-105
DSC03882.jpg
DSC03882.jpg (93.31 KiB) Viewed 3703 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul:

3°C: Feels Like -1°C
Wind: From Southwest at 13 kmph
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D Thank you, David.

I love the 'thrust' shot of the ferry's. Lots of action there; in fact it looks like a scene from a science fiction movie with a lot of suspense in the frame, like "Hell Gates of Atlantis Open..." or something like that. :) The following two peacefully scenic shots of the ferry and the mist-belted isle are lovely.
You must be enjoying these ferry rides....I know I would. Great view and happenings for photo opportunities.

Thanks for sharing,

Dennis, : )

Snow and Sun...they make for a very cheerful couple lighting up the mood of the day, as can be seen in your photos.
The boathouse appears as though submerged... an illusion of being in the wrong side of the house, I presume? : ) Otherwise it looks fun. I love the utouched white quality of the dense snow.
The mist is pretty common around the northern part of the world where it snows apparently. We had the same here. You have a most intriguing scene there. : )

Greg, : )

Thanks for the kind comments.

I see what you mean about the roof being rather flat now. Thanks for the photo. : )) I was imagining something as slopy as the roofs around my place.
You cleaned up the old paint nicely for sure. The wood boards look very fresh and healthy with no signs of deterioration underneath. Good work. : )

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
DennisG

Unread post by DennisG »

The houseboat well be ok the bottom floor is fake to cover up the flotation tubes, the boat is lying in the water and i am standing on the frozen lake taking the pictures and the snow depth is only about 10cm :)

love the night shoot
Attachments
_DSC5489_1024.jpg
_DSC5489_1024.jpg (199.79 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Love the ferry shots DA :D . I am a big fan of ferry pictures, mainly because they equal Hebridean holidays for me. Perhaps I'll start a ferry thread.

Good work on the woodwork Greg. I hope you're keeping the camera up there with the 100-300 on in case anything interesting flies past :) .

Raining and dull here - not outdoor camera weather at all :( .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Birma wrote:Great weather pics Yildiz and Dennis :D .

I really like that night shot Yildiz - great colours.
My deepest apoligies, Birma.

I don't even know how I skipped responding with a 'thank you' for your kind comment. Sometimes my mind works faster than my hands... Strange ...

Thank you very much. : )

Your Hebridean holidays are days we look forward to as well. : ) You always come bearing armful of beautiful scenes and history talk with you!

Yildiz