Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Unread post by Birma »

An unusual sky Mark. I think such candid pictures from people's housing always have interesting details as well - like the shadowy figure in the alley between the back gardens :) .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
jcoffin
Grand Caliph

Unread post by jcoffin »

Wow -- that is quite impressive!
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

jcoffin wrote:Wow -- that is quite impressive!
I thought so!

@Birma: didn't see the lady walking there when I took it :lol:
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I had to go back and see what Eagle eye Birma was talking about, and I found the person I didn't see before, well done Birma ha ha! Beautiful sky Mark.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Greg,
: ) Cumquats look very appetizing. Looks like you've got it covered for the whole year. I do believe that they taste very nice, thinking they might taste like tangerine jam that we make over here.

Thanks for sharing,

Hi Birma, : )

I suppose the rains that we see on that lushy trail is no longer happening in your your region by now. Nice trail though.. We could do with some rain too.

Hi Caporip,

Beautiful shots of the Bayham Abbey. The first is especially appealing.

Thanks for sharing,

Hi Jcoffin, : )

Love the moody shots. That's a beautiful piece of landscape with the dramatic skies and smoke.

Thaks for sharing,

Hi Mark, : )

Hard to come by such a vivid pinkish-red sky. Well done. It gives the impression as though it'll soon rain and people will watch the outdoors from their cozy indoors. But I suppose there was no rain.. :D

Thanks for saring,

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Yildiz - lots of rain still in the UK - there was some further flooding on Friday in many parts of the country and the journey home of Friday evening was more difficult than usual. There have been a few sunny spells over the weekend, but also more rain. I wish we could help out and send you some of our rain :) .
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

It's overcast, drizzling and gloomy here, I was just thinking it would be nice to see a sunny pic of the Bosphorus...to brighten up the day.
Greg
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Birma wrote:...There have been a few sunny spells over the weekend, but also more rain. I wish we could help out and send you some of our rain :) .
Here, on the contrary we were having some few "rainy spells"... :wink:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Had a bit of rain last night and a break in the weather. After 10 days of 100F+ weather, today's high is 91F/32C.

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
DennisG

Unread post by DennisG »

I have some sunshine and some heavy rains today and temps between 15-25 Celsius
and some times both at the same time :)
regn.jpg
regn.jpg (186.64 KiB) Viewed 4488 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul:
Temperature: 30 C° ;Feels Like 32 C
Wind: (KM/S) 28
---------------------------------------------

Hi Greg, : )

I hope what I attached is up to your 'sunny' standard for a Bosphorus shot. :D No chance of cooling until Tuesday and tomorrow promises to be a high of very humid 36 degrees C. Definitely will be a difficult Saturday to get by... wil be hiding in the shades as much as possible.

That's why I admire all the rainy and icy shots in the Give It Your Best threads. :D Kind of chills the eye...

Thanks fro sharing everyone.

Yildiz

The Regatta season started for the Bosphorus waters on various scale of boats and sail boats. I don't know what's next in line yet but here's the first one with the leading boat keeping them on route.
Regatta-Bosphorus-13July2012.jpg
(203.57 KiB) Downloaded 2381 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Lovely view Yildiz - I have missed your views of the Bosphorus. Great too see all of the sailing boats with their spinnakers aloft. A very clear day by the looks of it - great detail in the buildings climbing up the hill in the background.

It's not cold here, but not summer-warm either, and still very wet :( .
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

A nice sunny Bosphorus and a regatta as well! My cup runneth over, a very nice view indeed Yildiz.
Greg
Ps it’s still overcast and gloomy here with the occasional drizzle, but at least the pom pom bush is in flower next too where I’m doing some TLC on the old truck and it's full of boisterous noisy honeyeaters doing crazy stuff.
jcoffin
Grand Caliph

Unread post by jcoffin »

Let me add yet another compliment on the excellent shot Yildiz. It looks like a good day to be out in the boat. Thanks for posting it (and thanks for your earlier comments).

Here (today) it's pretty much back to normal for mid-July -- fairly warm (~30C), windy, and mostly clear in the morning, with clouds starting to form around noon, and getting fairly dense by late afternoon.

For any who haven't forgotten it, the fire is now fully contained and unlikely to pose any further direct threat -- though with nearly all the vegetation gone, that entire area is a lot more likely to have problems from flash floods for (at least) the next few years.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you, guys. :)

My photo is pretty ordinary compared to some of the artful ones of yours... : ))

I hope new trees are planted soon enough to protect the land that is barren at the moment, Jcoffin. I can't imagine any other more natural ways of prevention from flash floods. Concrete barriers certainly aren't the answer since I saw them break down here in Turkey during the most recent summer floods on the Black Sea Coast of Turkey.

Thanks,

Yildiz