Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Unread post by Birma »

Great picture Frank. Like the light and colour through the smog.
Last edited by Birma on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Though yesterday's shots, but weather same today, sunny :D
Carpets at the Vernissage

Old lady knitting at the Vernissage

Both with a77 + 16-50/2.8
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

It still looks cold too me Frank despite your 20 deg.
Oo I love those rugs Doc I like the centre left one especially, I wonder how much they are. And I admire the skill it takes to do that handmade lace.
Greg
bfitzgerald

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Weather a bit nippy and some wind, but moments with some nice sun too

This is about 15 miles from home. Very much untouched and rugged landscape area

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Nice weather shot, Frank. : )

Young Evan braving the cold and the dark with Grandma makes a sweet scene.

Good performance from the NEX 7.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Dr. Harout, : )

Two most lovely photos there. Love the abundacy of light in both while the subjects are very elivating and enjoyable. Give me a stand with hand-woven carpets and I can't bear to leave the place. : ) The colours are amazing. Most probably all woolen and dyed with root dyes. There's also the resemblence to the traditional Turkish rugs and carpets wwhich probably share the same cultural heritage as far as the patterns on the rugs are concerned.
They say that there's always a life story woven on these carpets which make every single one very unique.
Good find with the old lady and laceywork. The work is so fine... : )

Thanks for sharing the Vernissage. : )

Hi Barry, : )

Painting-like beautiful photo....

There's always this very special aspect to your photos which also look as though shot with a film camera.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

That’s an imposing large bluff Barry, nice depth in the scene; I can see the busy hand of man here and there too, so even those slopes have been used for various things in the past.
Its good you guys are starting to get some better weather, I can’t go outside anywhere without a raincoat or a brolly, it’s so boring I started taking boring flash photos of the rain splashes….aaargh it hasn’t stopped raining like forever, I’m beginning to forget what its like without the sound of rain.
Greg
Ps I was watching the Al Jazeera news announcer talking about the latest on the Syrian debacle and the background scene was the Hagia Sophia from a similar angle to that in Yildiz’s photos, not quite the same but close-ish.
PICT1934.jpg
PICT1934.jpg (83.3 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
PICT1941.jpg
PICT1941.jpg (146.55 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Some story-telling weather shots, Greg. :)

Looking indeed very wet. But the garden looks very green and the rain will probably encourage some new plant life and bugs after it ceases. For now, how about getting hold of that umbrella and 'singing in the rain' ? :D

About the Al Jazeera's reporter's position; he probably was at one of the hotels looking over the same scenery as my place does. Since the lives of many and the foreign press members are under threat and bad things are happening to reporters, they must be feeling more secure reporting from different parts of Turkey as the neighbouring country, Istanbul included. Some young Turkish reporters are also missing since they arrived in Syria for news coverage too, so it's best to keep the distance. (I don't know if they were reported alive recently... missed that part of the news, unfortunately)

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Thanks for the suggestion Yildiz, the thought of it did pick my spirits up, but I fear that my rendition of Singing in the Rain would most likely prompt the neighbours to reach for the phone to ring the men in white coats with the nets. :shock:
And yes I think Syria is fast becoming another example of the insanity of the world and humanity, who would have thought in this day and age countries would sit and watch civilian areas being shelled by guns and tanks for weeks on end, and who would have thought we would witness it done by a peoples own government with the blessing of two member countries of the UN security council? It’s no wonder news people are targeted by the Syrian government, they don’t want their evil exposed for the rest of the world too see, a very dangerous place for news people to go I think as it looks like the Syrian army has been given permission to do as it pleases and do it to whomever they wish without any regard for non-combatants.
I haven’t noticed anything in the news here about any missing Turkish reporters...so far; I did see the report about the other ones that were killed (female and male) in the news building shelling and the ones that escaped with their lives…just.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul: Foggy/Sunny
Temperature: 9°C; Feels Like 7°C
Wind: From Southwest at 13 kmph
Humidity: 100%
Pressure: 1,030.14 mb
Dew Point: 9°C
Visibility: 6 km
----------------------------------------------

:D Hi Greg,

Our weather has its own drawbacks too. We have a thick fog ruling its charm around here. : ) Here's a shot from this morning of the Bosphorus, though the Bosphorus is not visible much except for the passing of some big ships that only appear as silhouettes.

I don't think the international press covered the Turkish reporters, Greg. Domestic news channels covered the story since they know the reporters. They have been reported as missing and the Prime Minister promised the they are keeping in touch with their counterparts in Syria and a keen eye close on the matter.

Syrians are passing the border to take refuge within our borders now. The Turkish government allocated container houses for their living and trying to meet the requirements of these civilians and children for now...I hope the UN attempts to do better with the sanctions that can discourage the ruling person and the army.

Yildiz
FogOverBosphorus.jpg
(180.52 KiB) Downloaded 1035 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Wow! Yildiz that is a worse peasouper than the last one you posted, I can just see the opposite shore...just.
Greg
Dr. Harout

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

A big Wow from me too, Yildiz.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Great images all!

Really like the landscape Barry! Beautifull colors and good composition. Lots to see.

Greg, is that your garden in the first image? If so, I'm jealous!

Yildiz, you should call this image "Who is afraid of Grey and White?". (A wink to Barnett Newmans painting "Who's Afraid of Red, Yellow and Blue?".). Very moody image!

Mark
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul:Foggy/Sunny
Temp:10°C: Feels Like 8°C
Wind: From Southeast at 11 kmph
Humidity: 76%
Pressure: 1,031.83 mb
Dew Point: 6°C
Visibility: 6 km
-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys! :D

The Fog Prevails in Istanbul.... :D

This time we can only see the upper part of everything and the land is completely erased except for a faint shadow of the bridge post on the waters of the Bosphorus.
At least the Sun was playing nice arraying games with the clouds and there was a change in the scene. :)

Mark, that's an interesting artist. I looked at a couple of his works and who knows I might begin to title my photos in such a manner if the scenes prove abstract impressionism. : ) I seem to get get some these days...

Yildiz
aDifferentKindOfFogOverBosphorus.jpg
(178.97 KiB) Downloaded 1013 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Wow - a few days away and I miss loads of great images - nice to see all of those 'weather' shots, Barry, Yildiz, Doc, and Greg. Great weather here but very busy and stuck in the office :( .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Oo I forgot to check the weather channel, :oops: that’s a nice capture Yildiz a mysterious flavour with everything covered over and the sun’s rays shining down through the clouds trying to bring light to the hidden world below, the bird in the view is a nice touch, I can’t get over how massive the fog is you get there at times, it must call for careful driving everywhere, in the sky, on the water and on the roads as well.
Btw thanks Mark and Birma. It’s stopped raining here, finally but no time for photos at the moment, and no need to be jealous Mark it’s just a fairly average backyard, it isn’t all that attractive when the grass gets long and it all needs mowing, trimming etc. and being on a corner there is just as much outside to look after as inside, there is usually plenty of birdlife so I don’t mind the work except it interrupts my renovations.
Greg
Townsville weather: 24.9|30.9°C, H64%, 7|17km/h, W|NW patchy cloud