Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul: Cold; Expecting snow for the next two days.
7°C; Scattered Clouds
Wind: SW at 16 mph
Humidity: 66%
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone and Greg; : )

Greg, nothing like being soaked by water for the grey pidgeons to look like mad and arrogant battlefield emperors! :D

Sorry for not posting anything sooner. I was trying to get used to some new software. The photo below was processed with XARA photo editor from RAW but I still have to get more intituve with the software to get better processing results.

Mark, wrong thread I know but you certainly broke records with your BIRDS 2012 thread and posts. : )) January is not nearing the end and you alread have 110+ posts with great input! Congratulations. I love all the shots.... Keep it up for the rest of the year, pleasee! : )) Birds are such beautiful and fun subjects.

Thanks for sharing all,

Yildiz

Istanbul Preparing For Tomorrow's Snow...hopefully. : )
Istanbul-13January2012.jpg
(41.57 KiB) Downloaded 2952 times
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Thanks Yildiz, although it's too much credit for one person. I'm not the only one who is keeping the thread alive! But we're certainly on a roll, that's for sure!

Wonderful shot you made! I really like those colors the sun produces at dusk an dawn. It's about the same weather in Istanbul, although humidity is much higher in your part of the world!

Thanks again,

Mark
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by Dusty »

Yesterday we got 3 inches of snow, and those -10C temps! I snapped a photo while stuck in traffic but haven't had time to look at it. To day it's just plain cold, but it will warm up on the weekend!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Awesome shot, Yildiz. Very very beautiful.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

They might be common Greg, but they're clean! :) nice capture.

Beautiful image of Istanbul Yildiz, love those colours, and great to see your pictures again. Hope you get that software sorted out soon :)

A few days of cooler temperatures forecast here. Hoping for dramatic clear winter skies over the weekend, like there were today while I was stuck in an office :evil: .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Cloudy 3ºc snow forecast for Sunday.

Pigeons look content hanging out to dry Greg. Nice shot.

What a gorgeous sky for that solitary bird Yildiz, wonderful sight.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Wow that’s nice Yildiz, lovely scene, I do hope you finally get your snow then you can bustle around taking some snow covered vistas for us, no pressure tomorrow will do. :lol:
Greg
Ps thanks Yildiz, Birma and DA, (I don't get out much at the moment, I'm re-tiling the front patio) :roll:
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul: Snowing
2°C | °F
Snow
Wind: W at 8 mph
Humidity: 100%
---------------------------------------------------

Thanks Mark, Dr. Harout, Birma, David Antony and Greg. :D

It started snowing a couple of hours ago and still is in full throttle.

Greg, I don't know if we'll have some nice blankets of snow that will enhance the scenery yet. As you can see from the photo, not much of the landscape can be seen at the moment. : ) It resembles misty conditions.

Yildiz
Attachments
14Jan2012-SnowingInIstanbul.jpg
(23.06 KiB) Downloaded 2922 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

An update...

Snow subsided. It appears to be clear at the moment looking towards Hagia Sophia museum.

Tomorrow may be the 'white' day after all, who knows?

Yildiz

ps. Greg, what kind of tiling do you have in mind? Ceramics ? Granite ? ...? Probably will look great. : )
14Jan2012-SnowingInIstanbul-night 1.jpg
(101 KiB) Downloaded 2912 times
mvanrheenen

Wow, big contrast in those two images Yildiz! I really like the minimalistic look of Istanbul in the first image. Most people think only of sunny skies around your parts. This image disproves that bias! Is the second image made from the same viewpoint?

We're still waiting for snow to come over here. Nothing on the horizon yet though. It was fairly chilly today, caused by a breeze coming in from the east I think.

Mark
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

mvanrheenen wrote:Wow, big contrast in those two images Yildiz! I really like the minimalistic look of Istanbul in the first image. Most people think only of sunny skies around your parts. This image disproves that bias! Is the second image made from the same viewpoint?

We're still waiting for snow to come over here. Nothing on the horizon yet though. It was fairly chilly today, caused by a breeze coming in from the east I think.

Mark

Indeed it is not always clear and sunny in these parts! : ) There's a genuine cold front prevailing at the moment and is predicted to stay till Tuesday.
I remember a two-week-non-stop snow crippling life in Istanbul a few years ago. It certainly isn't always sweet and bathing-suit-balmy in Istanbul.

The first image is not from the same vantage point but from where I could see the bridge. The bridge is on the East side while the second photo with the Hagia Sophia is of the West side of the house. At the time when I shot the minimalistic shot, the view with Hagia Sophia was completely invisible because of snow. No point shooting a frame that's smoky white from corner to corner. :D It was very much like looking at a white sheet of paper with no specks.

Thank you,

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

You’re having some great variety in the view Yildiz and capturing it nicely, the snowing shot looks almost a complete white out, even more than the foggy one from some time ago. When I saw the bridge I knew what view I was looking at.
Your great night view kept me busy for a good while trying too figure out that star puzzle/challenge, in the end I had too admit defeat, I thought it was in the Corona Borealis area, but no, then I thought of Pegasus but that wasn’t right either…so I gave up.
It started too rain here yesterday morning on and off so I had too adjust my sun shade tarps to become more anti rain tarps as there was rain blowing in on my half finished floor and it’s not even grouted yet. The tiles are ceramic 300X300 with a slightly sandpapery surface, so they don’t get slippery. It rained quite heavily most of the night so I hope my glue is ok.
Greg
Townsville weather: WET
KM5D KM18-200 + 3600HS (D)
PICT1867.jpg
PICT1867.jpg (244.69 KiB) Viewed 4673 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul: Sunny
4°C
Feels Like 1°C
Partly Cloudy
-------------------------------------------------------------

Istanbul is sunny but very cold.
As soon as I was up today, I tried to capture a couple of new shots hoping we'd see snow covered hills but here's what was to meet with my eyes.
Sorry about the glare in one shot.

Greg, not to worry about the stars. I can't identify them either since most don't even show prominently; not bright enough unfotunately. : )
The tiles look good. : ) You'd put an expert to shame with such neat workmanship.

Yildiz

Right before the Sun showed from behind the clouds..
15Jan-beforeSun.jpg
(174.58 KiB) Downloaded 2881 times
Right after the Sun rose up from behind the clouds. Sorry about the glare.
15Jan-afterSun.jpg
(113.22 KiB) Downloaded 2881 times
Looking towards Hagia Sophia there was a bluish cast underneath the clouds...
15Jan-HagiaSophia.jpg
(193.04 KiB) Downloaded 2881 times
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Yildiz the second shot is stunning, forget about the glare, it adds more warmth.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
mvanrheenen

Doc is right, beautiful colors and light! Flare isn't a problem in this image, it's a feature! Truly stunning Yildiz, well done!