Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today - In Your Vicinity (2012)

Unread post by aster »

And the ducks...
Ducks.jpg
(220.57 KiB) Downloaded 2373 times
ps. : All shots are taken with my Sony camcorder. Didn't have any Alpha cameras with me.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Thanks guys and girl,
So Tilly is going too school now, there’s a possibility that she won’t need too get the pet goldfish after all, what with all those extra playmates :lol: …wow doesn’t time fly, I remember photos just the other day where Tilly was paddling at the seashore in a baby jumpsuit.
Yep the bridge is coming along now; the prawn trawlers (and lots of other infrastructure) have all been moved out to the new berth so presumably the court case has been concluded in their favour. (Not totally sure about a video taken from a bike on a bridge full of heavy transport trucks) :roll:
Amazing equipment they have now days John, I’m not sure the guy standing under the machine on the down ramp is complying with safety rules entirely… :shock:
Some lovely photo scenes Yildiz :D nice work, the ducks look happy, as only ducks can when there is water involved, and I sure hope the reinforcing of the university is a success and can withstand any earthquake event.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Greg,

Thank for the nice thoughts. : )
I certainly hope also. They certainly went to some extreme lenghts and there was indeed a serious work going on. During the 1999 earthquake the epicenter of the quake was a long way away from Istanbul/Marmara Sea. But after years of analyzing and studies by both international and Turkish experts we know exactly where the actual active fault is passing through and it is running very close to Istanbul this time. We also know that tension in the fault has been building up for some time.
Hopefully all this extra effort to keep the university building from buckling over into the sea during a quake or a probable tsunami will pay off and it will be a safe haven for all the students, staff and people that may be inside at that particular time.

I also can't believe that that lovely little pink bundle paddling on Skye shores is now a little young lady and off to school... :D She'll be one smart student I'm sure, Andy. From now on, we'll probably be hearing some very stories on Tilly and school days.

Yildiz
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

tsawwassen 16ºc. & sunny, going up to 25ºc.

Thanks for posting the bridge shots Greg. Will it be finished by Christmas?? ;^)

Interesting shots of the new equipment John, that will benefit many people.

Nice photo of the ducks preening Yildiz, they look heathy & content.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

A beautiful blue-sky day here today, and warm as well, around 23 degrees centigrade. Took a few shots while scouting out a new location. Hope to revisit earlier in the day soon.

2012 Teme Valley - Otherton Lane to the Malverns by Birm, on Flickr

2012 Teme Valley - Old Hawthorn by Birm, on Flickr

Both with Nex 5 and SAL 16-80 on LA-EA2 adapter.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

That is a great location Birma. Really like the old Hawthorn, looking forward to more.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Almost, so, green, green, green is your valley, Birma. : ) If only the fields in the distance were not barren at the moment....

Love the shade of green under the bright sunlight...almost the same green tone everywhere. :D

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Nice blue sky Birma and the scenery looks good from there, let’s hope you have such good luck with the sky when you go out earlier in the day.
Greg
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thank you DA, Yildiz and Greg :)

As you say Yildiz, the fields are already being ploughed ready for the next crop.

Very thick fog this morning that didn't burn off until the sun was very high. May be tomorrow :) .
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice shots Birma.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
bfitzgerald
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by bfitzgerald »

Overcast at times with breaking sun now and then

PICT2768-3.jpg
(227.07 KiB) Downloaded 2201 times
Juanito200
Viceroy

Unread post by Juanito200 »

Those are some pretty ducks you have there Yildiz. I find in amusing that you have ducks that look exactly like ducks we have here in Texas in Istanbul.
Andy- the Teme Valley looks like a beautiful place to visit, and you have photographed it well.
Barry- That is a beautiful photo. The B/W conversion suits it well.
The weather here in McKinney is great! We had a cold front come through during the middle of the football game last night, and dropped our temps 20°F! The high yesterday was 106° F, today, 86° F! I didn't have time to take a photo today, as I was on a shoot for a client! 8) :lol: Here is one from the game last night. The kids are wearing the orange ribbons for one of last year's drum majors, who has recently had an extremely serious health crisis.

John
Attachments
Thinking of Lauren II.jpg
(205.03 KiB) Downloaded 2196 times
If the last thing you remember hearing is somebody yelling 'CLEAR!!!', assume you've had a problem!!
a77, a700, a200, Minolta 8000i, NEX C3, NEX 5N and more lenses than my wife suspects!
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thank you Doc and John :)

Love the B&W hill Barry.

I see you are back on your other part-time "profession" John :) . A really nice picture of Lauren's supporters.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

A very nice morning - with just a bit of mist. Here is a reprise of the Teme valley view.

Teme Valley 2012 - Mist in the Morning by Birm, on Flickr

Another shot down by the river itself.

Teme Valley 2012 - Willows by Birm, on Flickr

Both with Nex 5 and CZ 16-80 on the LA-EA2 adpater. (A much firmer attachment point for a tripod plate than the LA-EA1.)
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thanks, David Antony. : ) Ducks, that's waht they love to do when out of water: preen. And when in water they were crazily ducking and dipping for somethings that a human I eye can't see. At least I couldn't see what they were catching umnder the water surface. :D

Thank you, John. :) The feeling of finding something mutual pertaining to different continents is always fun for me too. This species do excert a feeling of familiarity and a sense of 'being at home' wherever one may see them.
Good luck on your cameraman status! : ) The ladies look vibrant and healthy. Hopefully their friend Lauren will join them very soon as well.

Barry, : )

One neat monochrome from you. One's got to love the high grass in the foreground swaying to the wind and winds up to the top of the hill in the distance. Nice composition. : )

Thanks for sharing.

Birma, Teme valley is looking lovely in the mist....and the scattered sheep bring some life to the otherwise a complete landscape. The ring of mist around the hill something special to see.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz