The Big Wave

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

The Big Wave

Unread post by bakubo »

At Waikiki a few days ago.

Watching for the Big Wave

Bracing for the Big Wave

The Big Wave

Aftermath of the Big Wave

sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: The Big Wave

Unread post by sury »

Great timing on those shots.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

The first shot made me laugh. : )
Apparently, a hair-do preparation is necessary before taking refuge against the Big Wave even if the wave has shows no respect in the third shot.

Thanks for sharing, Henry. Still, a risky entertainment for those with hypertension and similar conditions.

Nicely timed as Sury says.

Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Nice series.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Almazar80
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Almazar80 »

Amusing and fun and well timed. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great series Henry :)

For some reason it seems all is right with the world when Henry is back in Hawaii!
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Ha ha! good ones Henry, especially the last, that’s what I call getting wet, they look wetter than actually being in the water. :lol:
Greg
johnstra
Heirophant

Unread post by johnstra »

I love humour in photographs, probably because I can't do it. You thought of making a sequence and made am excellent job of it. Hawaii - please send any cash that you have to my address so I can go there. :D
Bob Johnston
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:Great series Henry :)

For some reason it seems all is right with the world when Henry is back in Hawaii!
Yes, we got back here last month. I do hope to go on a trip somewhere this fall, but I am just thinking about it now. It would be fun to see how the new m4/3 gear works out on a real trip.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Hahahaha, what a great serie! Didn't see the third one coming. Super, had a good laugh!

Off topic, if you don't mind Henry, but does your occupation allow you to travel that much? I envy you every time I see those great images you post and have posted from previous decades.

Mark
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

mvanrheenen wrote:Hahahaha, what a great serie! Didn't see the third one coming. Super, had a good laugh!

Off topic, if you don't mind Henry, but does your occupation allow you to travel that much? I envy you every time I see those great images you post and have posted from previous decades.
Mark, all my travels are on my own and not work related. I just love to travel, see new places, meet new people, learn about different cultures, and take photos! I hate the getting there though because flying has become such a terrible hassle.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

I can imagine. I hate all the hassle too, especially at the security controls. I asked because I get the feeling you're always on the move in all those beautiful countries.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

mvanrheenen wrote:I can imagine. I hate all the hassle too, especially at the security controls. I asked because I get the feeling you're always on the move in all those beautiful countries.
Well, not always on the move. :lol: I just like to travel and try to make at least one big trip abroad each year, but also mix in long periods in Japan from time to time. Also, I like to do long road trips on the U.S. mainland occasionally too.