Finding the right angle on a small waterfall....

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
DrScottNicol
Oligarch

Finding the right angle on a small waterfall....

Unread post by DrScottNicol »

I was on a club outing last week to Dover and decided to visit a local park to take some photos of the lake / a small artificial waterfall, thinking none of my club mates would think of going there. Of course, I turned up and found 3 of them standing on the bank taking shots. Not wanting to replicate their shots (indeed, they 'banned me' from taking shots on that part of the bank :-)), I scratched my head, wondering 'how can i get a different angle on this scene?'. Then this idea hit me :-)

What's really interesting is that, wandering around the park with a telephoto looking for competition shots makes people eye you with suspicion... but roll up your trousers and stand in the middle of a stream with a tripod and after a few minutes you apparently become invisible! No one even bats an eyelid (or were to frightened to look the crazy photographer in the eye lol. This did allow me to get a few interesting shots and unexpected shots though, like this one...

Scott
Sony NEX 5n (IR Conversion) / Nex 5r / a55 / NEX 6 / Dynax 7 / a77 user

http://www.SNICOLPHOTOS.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/drsnicol
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Finding the right angle on a small waterfall....

Unread post by Birma »

:D Great point of view Scott! I agree that the best shots are always from the place where it is most uncomfortable to shoot from - or that is the ways it seems some times :) .
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I like those Scott and the being banished story, I’m fascinated with the old brickworks that seem to have half tumbled down in places and the purpose of it all, I can’t even guess for example what period they/it belongs to.
Greg
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Scott,
Certainly an unexpected angel, I might say. Different angle? Certainly.
I am sure your mates who banished you lost a "great perspective". :)

With best regards,
Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

It's one enjoyable waterfall with some interesting arching structures around, Scott. :D

You did have fun looking at the giant smile across your face. :) I love the B&W shot of the cute girl hopping on top of the rocks...

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz