Autumn on the Isle of Skye

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Autumn on the Isle of Skye

Unread post by aster »

Hi Birma, : )

Isle of Skye out of your cameras are as lovely as ever. I love the desolute look in most scenes though I have to agree that a few boats here and there might be adding to the scenes.

Would have loved to see the light that Mike's talking about too... : )

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thank you Mike, Greg and Yildiz :)

Mike, you are so right about the light. Many hours have been discussing the light up there, but I think it is undefinable, and probably the better for it :)

Greg and Yildiz, I will look out some pictures with the boat in, :D

Still have lots to process. I am very behind as work has been very busy. Musn't complain as it is good to be gainfully employed in the current economic climate.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Ok - finally got around to finishing some more PP.

Skye Autumn 2012 - Rain approaching by Birm, on Flickr

5 minutes after taking this picture we met the rain but decided to push on with our walk. By the time we were on the return journey to where we had parked the car the rain, with hail, was horizontal. Tilly was a trooper and trudged on regardless. Her waterproof outfit proved to be more effective that any of the grown-ups much more expensive kit :) .

Skye Autumn 2012 - Rubha na h-Airde Glaise 2 by Birm, on Flickr

A more pleasant spot of weather, although really just in-between the showers. The autumn colours were amazing, but although I clicked away I'm disappointed with most of the shots; none of them live up to my memory of the day. I think that I may have needed more time to think about the shots rather than grabbing the odd one as we walked along. We'll have to go back for another try :) .

Both Nex 5, first with SEL 16mm, and second with LA-EA2 adapter and CZ 16-80.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.