B&W People

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

B&W People

Unread post by bakubo »

I have created another B&W photo album of people photos and this one is named B&W People. If you feel like taking a look then you can see it here:

http://www.bakubo.com/Galleries%202/B&W ... index.html

The photos are from various places: Italy, Greece, Thailand, Austria, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Jordan, Cambodia, Israel, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Laos, Ecuador, Kenya, Malawi, France, England, Morocco, Nepal, Netherlands, India, Germany, Spain, Bali, Turkey, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Indonesia, Canada, and the U.S.A. Hope I didn't forget any. :lol:

Nigerian boys in the Sinai, Egypt, 2009

Big Rain, Saigon, Vietnam, 2010

Last edited by bakubo on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
mvanrheenen

Re: B&W People

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

What a grand collection of B&W images you've made Henry. I really enjoyed looking through the images of the people you have met in your travels!

I like the image of the little boy in the raft on the Mekong delta the most. It's in the expression, composition and DoF I think.

Just being curious: do the women with the blackened teeth do this because of tradition? (like Ohaguro?).

Let me guess, this one was taken in my home county? :oops:

Thanks for sharing.

Mark
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

mvanrheenen wrote:What a grand collection of B&W images you've made Henry. I really enjoyed looking through the images of the people you have met in your travels!
Thanks for looking, Mark. For the moment, I still have no captions on any of the photos on these new B&W albums. I have most of the photos in my older galleries captioned so I will probably get around to doing these too, but the thumbnail page looks so neat and clean without captions that I sort of am hesitating.
mvanrheenen wrote: I like the image of the little boy in the raft on the Mekong delta the most. It's in the expression, composition and DoF I think.
I assume you mean this photo? Yes, I took this in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam in 2000:

I recall that I was in a small boat and this little boy was approaching from the opposite direction.
mvanrheenen wrote: Just being curious: do the women with the blackened teeth do this because of tradition? (like Ohaguro?).
Yes, I think it is part of their cultural tradition. Mostly it was older women though that I saw. Here is more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohaguro

mvanrheenen wrote: Let me guess, this one was taken in my home county? :oops:
Mark, how did you know?!?! Do you know one or both of them? :lol: Yes, this was in Amsterdam in 2005 in the evening. I was walking around in the general area of De Wallen (the red light district) and this woman came up to me and laughingly said something to me. I suppose she was offering me a 2 for 1 deal or something. :lol:

mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

bakubo wrote:
I assume you mean this photo? Yes, I took this in the Mekong Delta in Vietnam in 2000:

I recall that I was in a small boat and this little boy was approaching from the opposite direction.
Yes, that's the one!
bakubo wrote:
Yes, I think it is part of their cultural tradition. Mostly it was older women though that I saw. Here is more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohaguro

Ah yes, that's it.
bakubo wrote:Mark, how did you know?!?! Do you know one or both of them? :lol:
Don't tell the missus.. :lol:
bakubo wrote:Yes, this was in Amsterdam in 2005 in the evening. I was walking around in the general area of De Wallen (the red light district) and this woman came up to me and laughingly said something to me. I suppose she was offering me a 2 for 1 deal or something. :lol:
By the looks of it, neither would be worth your money ;-)

I know my country men/women a little bit and none of the counties (maybe except for Germany) you've mentioned are so tolerant to people expressing there sexuality. That and nowhere else in the world would people walk on the streets with blow-up dolls having a good time under some kind of tolerated influence (alcohol, drugs, Prozac...). Well tolerated by the law anyway.

You have to feel sorry for the rest of us here after seeing Amsterdam :lol:

Mark
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

mvanrheenen wrote:By the looks of it, neither would be worth your money ;-)
When she first spoke to me I guess she was speaking Dutch because I didn't quite understand and yet I think I really did understand, if you know what I mean. :lol: I think she was saying something like, "Hey Babe, take a walk on the wild side." :lol: Of course, Lou Reed says it even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wNknGIKkoA

I wasn't interested in that walk, but I did tell her I wanted to take her photo (I was carrying my KM 7D). She was very proud to oblige. Fortunately, she didn't ask for any favors in return. :lol: I remember that the light was low and she wouldn't stand still so I was lucky to get a good shot.
mvanrheenen wrote: I know my country men/women a little bit and none of the counties (maybe except for Germany) you've mentioned are so tolerant to people expressing there sexuality. That and nowhere else in the world would people walk on the streets with blow-up dolls having a good time under some kind of tolerated influence (alcohol, drugs, Prozac...). Well tolerated by the law anyway.
I am not the judgmental type so I just figure live and let live. As long as people aren't hating and hurting each other then other stuff is their choice, I guess.
mvanrheenen wrote: You have to feel sorry for the rest of us here after seeing Amsterdam :lol:
No, I don't feel sorry for you! I was there in 1994 and 2005 and would love to go again. I would like to see more of your country the next time though.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

:lol:
Last edited by bakubo on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Recently I added some new photos to this gallery album and I also I reworked the photos in Lightroom. In 2012 when I first created it I was new to Lightroom, but now I know a bit better how to use it. :)

http://www.bakubo.com/Galleries%202/B&W ... index.html

Lovers, Urbino, Italy, 1994

Marrakech, Morocco, 2006