Flowers 2013

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Flowers 2013

Unread post by aster »

HorseChestnutFlower.jpg
(231.59 KiB) Downloaded 1243 times
HorseChestnutFlowers.jpg
(224.82 KiB) Downloaded 1243 times
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Great sets Yildiz. You too are in full bloom (of posting). :lol:

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

sury wrote:Great sets Yildiz. You too are in full bloom (of posting). :lol:

Sury
:D You said it, Sury. Blooming time for all....

Thanks.

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great to see you back Yildiz :) . What a come back! Love that series from your garden. Lovely colours and a great selection of different roses. The last two are my favourites; I like the contrast of pinks and greens. I also like the neat border in complementary colours in your pictures.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Birma wrote:Great to see you back Yildiz :) . What a come back! Love that series from your garden. Lovely colours and a great selection of different roses. The last two are my favourites; I like the contrast of pinks and greens. I also like the neat border in complementary colours in your pictures.
Thank you, Birma. :D

Feels good to be back! The borders may be awkard for some but I'm glad you didn't find them distracting.

Love your bluebell shots with the 60mm. Someting very attractive and innocent about them... I hope they still are there when you find a chance to go there again. : ) The bokeh of that lens is very smooth.

Thanks again.

Yildiz
Dr. Harout

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Well done Yildiz. Keep them coming.
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

More Bluebells from last weekend.

The Knapp 2013 - Bluebells 3 by Birm, on Flickr

The Knapp 2013 - Bluebells 4 by Birm, on Flickr

The first is a standard sort of close-up shot. For the second I had to lay the camera (A99) on its back looking up at the Bluebell blooms. With the flippy-flappy rear-screen on the A99 I was able to turn the rear LCD screen around so I could still aim and focus the camera while it was facing vertically upward. For shots where I am scrambling around on the ground the A99, with its flippy-flappy rear screen, live-view, focus assist, and focus peaking, is near perfect in handling.

Both pictures with A99 and Tamron 90 Macro.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Andy,
I am struggling to whether appreciate your flowers or your efforts to get them. :)
I will make it easy on myself and do both. :D

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I haven't really kept up with the flower thread mores the pity, I haven't had the time to watch everything but there are some lovely shots from all and some great close up work from Omega.
Great A100 flowers Yildiz, very enjoyable, and the A99 bluebells too of course Birma.
Greg
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Greg, I agree the thread is really hopping at the moment :)

Thanks Sury :) . Sometimes pressing the button on the little black box of electronic wizardry is the easy bit, compared with the crawling about and tripod gymnastics ;)
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

How I envy you and the wonders that grow in your garden Yildiz. I want to contribute in this thread, but our front and backyard are being completely renewed as we speak :-D

As always great shots Andy. I've seen a man who shoots fungi in one of the places I shoot birds on a regular basis and have seen what his tripod AND body can do in order to get the angle he wants. Talk about dedication! I would tear or break something in those kind of positions :lol:

Mark
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Mark. I expect that after a sedentary lifestyle at work, sitting at a desk, a nice long walk in the woods and some gentle stretching and crouching is probably good for me ;) .
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Birma wrote:Thanks Mark. I expect that after a sedentary lifestyle at work, sitting at a desk, a nice long walk in the woods and some gentle stretching and crouching is probably good for me ;) .
Likewise for me ;-)
Omega892
Oligarch

Unread post by Omega892 »

Well I was going to join in soon but a neighbour took out some of his fence panels whilst the blow was gathering force and that which I was going to aim my lens at is no more! The garden is a bit sparse at the moment following some reorganisation. I do have shots from other years though but more for that Blast from the Pats thread perhaps.

Thanks for your close up work compliment Greg. I may have something for the birds thread though where there are some superb shots and I envy Pat her garden hide her shots are particularly good. I had intended to convert one end of a garden shed into a hide but SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) poured scorn on that and now I am not fit enough to do it anyway and have had to give up managing even the bird feeders.

The other next door has a shed which underneath is a breeder for rats so bird seed had to go anyway.

Disabilities (permanent damage from myocardial infarction with a long list of related conditions as well as chronic back pain from injury - lugging tripods not recommended as my superb Manfrotto reminds me if I try this alone) rule out me driving myself anywhere so I have to adopt an opportunistic approach and trying to content myself with the things I can do rather than bemoan those I cannot.

Edit. PS. Perhaps a 'Critters' thread would be in order.
'Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.' - Benjamin Franklin
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

That all sounds a bit of a downer Omega, do they have any safe exercise routines for you to gradually work on? going for walks for example? The bird hide sounds like a good solution to bird photography though, if SWMBO can be convinced.
Greg