Weather Today-In Your Vicinity 2013

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: Weather Today-In Your Vicinity 2013

Unread post by bakubo »

aster wrote:Hi Henry, :)

It's great to see you back from an other journey or still on one, I assume. : ) You're our 'Henry, the around the world guy'! I can always depend on you to come up with a new gallery of new images from very interesting places.

That's one interestingly neat rice field. Love the lush greenof the newly-planted rice plants. I'm more used to seeing photos of rice fields cascading on mountainous zones which create a sort of alien-land look but this one is very different; it's as if it's one's own backyard turned to rice field with all the covered plantations in the background especially.

(I was away for a while and I was distracted by the most recent events in Istanbul ; there were demonstrations/protests against the government that treated badly to the civilians. You might have heard it on the news sometime/somewhere, maybe. The protests against the government are continuing in a consistent yet on a more in-house manner at the moment using domestic means. Creative as they are, they indeed make a difference using the domestic tools. :) )

Thanks for sharing your photo,

Yildiz
Yes, I have seen the news reports from Turkey over the last several weeks. I can imagine how you would be distracted and not thinking much about this forum. :lol: Here in Japan the news about Turkey has more or less disappeared from the TV news recently and I don't see much about it on the news websites now. Of course, the news reports are there if you search for them. I just did a quick search and found this news story from an hour ago:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013 ... death.html

I try not to comment about the internal politics of other countries. I hope things work out the way you want them to.

The topography of the land varies a lot so rice fields also can be in all kinds of configurations. There are also rice fields around here that are more terraced since the land here in Ehime-ken is not flat. It just happened that where I was walking a few days ago was in a small valley where the bottom is flat. Here is another photo from the same time and nearby. A young girl wearing her school uniform is riding her bike to school past some rice fields in the morning.

Greg, yes it's sad when a magnificent tree gets cut down. They probably had good reasons, but it doesn't make it less sad. I recall some years ago that where we lived we had lots of wonderful, big trees in our neighborhood. A few houses down there was a beautiful one in the front yard. During the night we had a big thunderstorm with high winds and the next morning I walked outside and saw that the tree had been broken off about 8 feet above the ground. It had a pretty thick trunk, but it had been snapped. I am sure the homeowners were heartbroken, but later that day a truck and crew arrived much like the one in your photos and they got rid of the tree. :( No choice in this case though.
BruceKingston
Heirophant

Unread post by BruceKingston »

Perth at dawn (or thereabouts) this morning. Cold for Perth at about 8 degrees but I guess it could be worse.
Perth.jpg
Perth.jpg (177.66 KiB) Viewed 4441 times
Bruce Kingston
Blog, sales and other stuff: http://www.kingdiholdings.com
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Thanks DA and Henry, yes the tree was put or grew in the wrong place, they did repair the gutter near it once before and they swerved the gutter around it on that occasion, but this time they obviously decided the tree had to go so they could have a straight gutter with no roots growing under it.
(btw in those photos you can see how badly the 24-105 flares when light is reflected towards it, as in the bright sunlit fascia on the building in the background)
And yes Politics and Religion can be controversial subjects, it just depends on the ‘amount’ one ‘believes’ in how controversial they are, but in either case they are and have been subject to modification in one direction or another down through the ages, and that process will continue undoubtedly, the trick is being able to survive the process.
That was a trick photo of yours DA, I wondered what the line of box things were sitting on for a moment, until I realized that wasn’t sky underneath but water, ha ha good one.
I’ve wondered in the past why rice needs so much water Henry and those photos of yours reminded me, it’s a good thing there is plenty of water where they grow rice I suppose.
Greg
Townsville weather: Fine, slight breeze, 25⁰C, (12⁰C tonight so they say).
The (slightly mad) Superboats are back for a race today out in the bay.
A700 KM100-300apod
Practise session yesterday.
DSC04309.jpg
DSC04309.jpg (141.84 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
Some spectators nearby
DSC04303.jpg
DSC04303.jpg (157.49 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
DSC04306.jpg
DSC04306.jpg (163.32 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great sky DA. Takes a moment or two to get the scale. Is that a train on the bridge?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
caporip
Grand Caliph

Unread post by caporip »

Love the order in the rice field Bakubo and the Perth shot with that eerie yellow glow. Sad about the tree we've had lots of protest in Whitstable about Network Rail attempting to back established tress near the tracks - fortunately as a result of the storm of protest its backed down. Anyway back on topic here's a few I shot in the Harbour at the crack of dawn, its been lovely day but unfortunately I had to sort out my attic in advance of an impending move so didn't get as much sun as I'd like.

A900 and 24-70 Zeiss:-

Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you....
My Flickr site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great pictures from around the globe with different weather and times of day :)

More interesting rice field formats from Japan, amazing colours from Perth, power boats in Queensland, and dawn in SE of the UK. All going to make this the most wonderfully eclectic thread :D
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Lost my post for this thread yesterday. Just vanished from the face of the forum features in the blink of an eye. :)

Here I go again.

Greg, advancement in technology against the gentle growth of nature is very scary to witness sometimes. Trees of such quality and species will take decades to grow for the future generations. Hope the Mahagony is in good hands and in good part of the urban plans.

-------------------------
Hi Henry,

Rice fields and school rides... Like from 1950's movies. They certainly utilize every single cm2 of the land to support quality living.

Thanks for sharing.

-------------------------

Hi David Antony,

A lot is going on in that photo.. : ) Containers to line the horizon; a marshland of lush green in the foreground and a beaming sky to make the waters glitter in the distance. Great place..

Thanks for sharing.

------------------------

Hi Bruce,

Amazing yellow light from Perth at dawn. It's almost as if the light is horizontally cutting right across everything in the photo like a light saber. Magical.. : )

Thanks for sharing.

------------------------

Lovely to see how the town keeps busy with water sports while the birds are engaging in with the urban utilities, Greg. : )

Thanks for bringing them to us.

------------------------

Hi Caporip,

Very interesting light shining on those shacks' wooden walls... How light makes all the difference even for a simple, plain structures as these.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I like the sombre twilight look to the frontage in the harbour shot caporip, tell me, what’s the function of the large object with the wooden strakes in front of the ship, an old disused beacon, a mooring of some kind?
While I waited for the train to pass on the way home a drunk from the hotel nearby that was waiting to cross thought he would help out the lead car in front of me by lifting the boom out of the way…a little early.
Greg
Ps thanks Yildiz, Birma, the birds waiting for the boat race seemed to like that water feature thingy in the park.
Townsville weather: Fine, 12⁰C now (10 in the morning)
A700 KM100-300apod + landcruiser windscreen
DSC04318.jpg
DSC04318.jpg (192.5 KiB) Viewed 4396 times
caporip
Grand Caliph

Unread post by caporip »

Greg

I think it was originally a beacon but next time I'm down there I'll try and find out!

Richard
Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you....
My Flickr site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Tsawwassen 17ºc. Clear Skies.

The trains are on a track across the bay Birma heading to Roberts Bank. Just looks like they might be though. ;^)

Roberts Bank Superport from Ladner.

One from Tsawwassen sundown.

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

That's a serious docking facility DA!

I like the sunset with reflections - very nice :)
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

I like the sunset one DA, pretty colour.
Greg
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Sunny and hot, around 36 degrees C
And along with the opening of the "Golden Apricot" Film Festival here in Yerevan, I took a shot of one of my apricot trees in my garden
Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) by Dr. Harout, on Flickr
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

That's a lovely looking tree Doc, laden with yummy fruit :)

36 sounds really hot. We got to about 30 yesterday.
david antony
Viceroy

Unread post by david antony »

Tsawwassen 16ºc. clear, early AM.

36ºc. bit too hot for me Doc.
That fruit tree is loaded with delicious Apricots. Would love to dehydrate a few
of those in my American Harvester. ;^) Nice shot.