Weather Today-In Your Vicinity 2013

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
aster
Tower of Babel

Weather Today-In Your Vicinity 2013

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul:
Temperature:3 °C; Feels Like -2 °C
Wind(km/h):24
------------------------------------

Hi everyone, :D

We're there finally and I hope 2013 is a better year for everyone! : )

My first snow shots are of Istanbul under the first snow of the year.

Let's continue sharing our weather! : )

Yildiz
07Jan2013-FirstSnow-HagiaSophia.jpg
(182.4 KiB) Downloaded 4436 times
07Jan2013-FirstSnowOfTheYear.jpg
(178.66 KiB) Downloaded 4436 times
caporip
Grand Caliph

Re: Weather Today-In Your Vicinity 2013

Unread post by caporip »

Foggy yesterday morning in Whitstable:-

A900 & Sigma 12-24

Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you....
My Flickr site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Nice angle, Caporip. :)

Weather In Istanbul:
Temperature: 0 °C ;Feels Like -6 °C
Heavy Snow Showers

It's still snowing here in Istanbul...Shot an other frame when there was a recess and visibility increased.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
SnowingContinues.jpg
(150.03 KiB) Downloaded 4422 times
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Brrr those look chilly Yildiz, I’ve never seen anything as cold as that in Townsville that’s for sure, I’ll have to see if I can get a nice warm sunny photo to warm you up a bit.
Greg
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Well I didn’t have any luck with a bright sunny photo Yildiz it was overcast here today, and not many people at the strand, not many at the section I was at anyway.
Greg

We are having our usual summer temperature 32-34°C, so the weather reports say, but with a pleasant sea breeze and a couple of showers it seems like 24°C.
KM5D KM18-200
PICT2237.jpg
PICT2237.jpg (239.61 KiB) Viewed 7020 times
PICT2241.jpg
PICT2241.jpg (213.13 KiB) Viewed 7020 times
PICT2242.jpg
PICT2242.jpg (233.38 KiB) Viewed 7020 times
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Greg, :)

Thanks for sharing your tropical-island kind of shores, Greg. Although a little windy, the scene's very warming and I think these are very different from the photos we got used to from you. : ) The first time I see the sandy beach curving away and that's a neat walkway to go and gaze out to the ocean and the fishing boats.

The change is very welcome. :D Lovely, warm weather it appears.

The snow ceased and started melting already here in Istanbul. Wonder if we'll have anymore snowy days... ? It would be nice.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Weather In Istanbul:
Temperature: 0 °C ; Feels Like 0 °C
Clear
Wind(km/h): 0
------------------------------------------

Hi again,:)

The scenery changed dramatically over the hours. Here are two updates from today respectively, one from the afternoon and one from the evening as the Sun set.

Yildiz
AfterTheSnowInIstanbul.jpg
(153.21 KiB) Downloaded 4377 times
Sunset.jpg
(159.66 KiB) Downloaded 4377 times
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Nice shots from Northern and Southern Hemisphere. I could feel the cold and warmth at the same time.
Or it could have been that my single malt effect has been wearing off. :lol:

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Those last two have lots of atmosphere Yildiz, great sunset. (I saw on the news that the Bosporus had been closed to shipping a couple of times due to dense fog) And yes I agree my rare visit to the strand was a departure from the norm, I was sort of preoccupied with the progress of the new bridge for a long time basically because it was close to home and didn’t consume much time to check what was going on. But now the bridge is finished there isn’t much point in going there as much I guess.
Thanks Sury, I haven’t had much time to spare on photo related things lately due to dealing with and repairing old termite damage, but I decided to have a time out for a change.
Greg
Townsville weather, much the same as yesterday, overcast and building up for rain I think.

An example of what I’m dealing with, I have to scrape the paint off every square inch in order to find the damage and fix it, when it’s as bad as this I have to cut the section out and splice a new piece of board in, when its only a small hole I just fill it with polyester filler and dress it off.
PICT2223.jpg
PICT2223.jpg (122.82 KiB) Viewed 6968 times
peterottaway
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by peterottaway »

Our hottest period is usually mid January to early March but things definitely warmed up earlier here this summer, I would definitely take 0 C and fog for a few days.
December
24 16.7 35.5
25 19.8 41.2
26 24.3 42.2
27 18.3 39.2
28 24.1 37.8
29 23.6 41.5
30 22.4 40.7
31 19.1 42.0 0.8 mm
January
1 25.6 39.3
2 21.8 35.5
3 17.7 29.9
4 14.1 31.2
5 16.7 39.2
6 25.3 31.3
7 22.6 38.5 7.6mm
8 25.7 43.3
9 22.8 34.9

Sorry to be long winded but I regard statistical averages to be quite misleading.

Even with the efforts of a local arsonist we not had a major fire hazard because of 2 consecutive dry winters - enough rain at the right time for the hard wheat, malting barley, canola and chick pea crops to be reasonable but precious little extra. Also unlike eastern Australia we have had quite high humidity and generally lighter wind speeds for December and January. December average was 48% RH and 13 km/h at 9am and 27% RH and 18km/h at 3pm. January so far has been 51% and 15 km/h at 9am and 34% RH and 15km/h at 3pm.

It is when you get RH dropping to 15% and winds well above 30km/h ( which usually means gusts of about 50 km/h ) that things start to get nasty. Mind you we have a Category 3 Tropical Cyclone of the the North West coast which is expected to probably be a Category 4 by the time it crosses the coast sometime Saturday. As they say " No pain, no gain".
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Sury, : )

Thanks. You must be somewhere with moderate temperature conditions; neither ice nor hot spells. Just the right weather for the single malt.. : )
Soon we'll see some rain it seems.

Hi Greg, : )

You have yet again gone under the load of some hardworkmanship... Those termites did a serious job of carving out the wood for food. I have heard of wooden houses suddenly collapsing due to termites. I hope your house is well protected against future attacks.

Go easy on yourself and visit the strand more often; it's neat out there. : ))

Hi Peter, : )

That's one fine list of statistics from you. Fires are almost always part of over-dry times as we also experience here usually with the aid of arsonists as you nicely put. Many pine forests turned to charcoal by arsonists aiming to occupy valuable coasts of Turkey for illegal construction.

Thanks for sharing all,

Yildiz
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

As you can see, it was a clear and sunny day here, albeit a little cold. Sun was hanging low, as is normal this time of year. The golden light was pretty early, around 3 p.m. CET (UTC/GMT +1 hour).

Temperature was around 2 °C and felt like -2 °C.

A lot of birds were resting in a nearby small lake. Took a nice walk around it. Took me about 2,5 hours.

Mark
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by mikeriach »

Mark,
It wasn't that good on Wednesday when I was in the Amsterdam and Assen areas. Very wet.

Mike
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

mikeriach wrote:Mark,
It wasn't that good on Wednesday when I was in the Amsterdam and Assen areas. Very wet.

Mike
Hi Mike,

You had some bad luck then. Wednesday was the only bad day last week... The rest of the week was better.

Mark
mikeriach
Imperial Ambassador

Unread post by mikeriach »

Typical!!!

Maybe better next time.
All my Sony SLT gear gone. Still got my RX100 though.