Landscape 2013

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Re: Landscape 2013

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Sury. You're spot on, a burn is a stream or brook in Scotland :)
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Here is a landscape format of the landscape view of the stream :)

Skye 2013 - Allt Coire na Banachdich 2 by Birm, on Flickr

Here is one from the other side of Skye. Portree is the capital of Skye. A very interesting place to visit, and a great mix of the things for the tourist, and things for a busy farming and fishing community. They have followed the 'trend' for paining their cottages in a selection of bright colours (started by Tobermory on the Isle of Mull). Not many years ago every building would be a uniform white. The colours certainly make this row of cottages along the harbour front stand out.

Skye 2013 - Loch Portree by Birm, on Flickr

Both A99 with SAL 28-75.
mvanrheenen

Unread post by mvanrheenen »

Some typical Dutch landscapes of three mills in a nearby village. Shot with the RX100.

Classic Dutch landscape by markvanrheenen, on Flickr

Classic Dutch landscape by markvanrheenen, on Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Those are great Mark - only one place on earth that could be really :). I think I prefer the 'landscape' format one, it makes more of the main features for me.
mvanrheenen

Yes, couldn't be anywhere else :lol:

Thanks!

Mark
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Now that’s more like it Mark, Dutch windmills, good one, I suppose they aren’t actually operational any more, being replaced by modern methods but that’s quite understandable, it’s great that heritage is being preserved.
Birma those scenes are still picturesque despite it being dry looking, I saw the white stuff on the peaks in the background and the water in the burn has a high probability of being snow melt so that means to me the ambient temp is likely outside my habitable zone of survival. :lol:
Greg
mvanrheenen

Greg Beetham wrote:Now that’s more like it Mark, Dutch windmills, good one, I suppose they aren’t actually operational any more, being replaced by modern methods but that’s quite understandable, it’s great that heritage is being preserved.
At the end of WWII the mill shown in the back was outfitted with a centrifugal pump which now regulates the water levels in the polder. But the mills are still operational! They are used once a month, probably for show, but can still be used together to regulate the water levels. All three of them were build around 1672, but the one in the back was burned down in 1902 due to a fire that destroyed it when lightening struck. A year later the one you see now was build. The top half of the mills are what we see, but to be able to control the water, the base of the mill runs 8 meters deep for all three.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Very interesting use of green energy Mark :)

Thanks Greg. The snow was about 900 meters higher up, so it was shirt sleeves weather down with us (may be a thin jumper when stopping for sandwiches :) .)

Here are a couple of more up to date shots from this weekend. Move on to the summer fields of wheat. The first is from Friday evening which was breezy, but with a great sky and some interesting clouds. It is the first shot here from my new Nex 6. I was out scouting for locations ready for the next sun-rise, but the light was actually better on this evening it turned out.

Pershore 2013 - Wheat and Tree by Birm, on Flickr

Here is one from the rather disappointing next morning. I was nipping between fields trying to see if I could make something out of the low, slow moving cloud, when I slipped in to a ditch (as mentioned in the weather thread). Luckily it was dry! This was the view once out of the ditch. I like the Hog Weed, now gone to seed, around the field's edge.

Pershore 2013 - From the Field's Edge by Birm, on Flickr

First with Nex 6 and SEL 16-50, second with A99 and KM 17-35 2.8-4.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Those are great sets Mark and Andy.
Andy, your last ditch effort :lol: can be made more dramatic
if you use some post processing. I can give it a try if you allow
me.

With best regards,
Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Sury. Be my guest :)
caporip
Grand Caliph

Unread post by caporip »

Love the portree shot Birma looks very calm. Last time i was there it was chucking it down.

Great windmills Mark
Some days you eat the bear, other days the bear eats you....
My Flickr site:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/rb56/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Thanks Richard - funnily enough it absolutely bucketed it down about 10 minutes after I took this picture :) . There was the odd spot in the air as I was putting the camera away.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Birma wrote:Thanks Sury. Be my guest :)
Andy,
Thank you. Here is a version with a quick PP done in LR3 and overlaid on original
with 70% fill in PS7.

Sury

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

I think I'll vote for the original Sury kaf kaf, :shock:
It pays to watch what's underfoot Birma while looking at angles at the same time, it's lucky you have those nimble ninja lightening reflexes happening. :lol:
Greg
mvanrheenen

I likethe first one most Andy. Nice composition and colors in that one! Those little ditches can be tricky indeed.

Mark