Best of 2013

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Best of 2013

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

At the end of the year I always try to find some time to overview my photos taken during the year and select the best one. Here are my selected 16 photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fiberstrob ... /lightbox/

You can also post a link to your favorites from this year.

Some recent ones from the selection are below:

Cheers

Marcell
the_hefay
Viceroy

Re: Best of 2013

Unread post by the_hefay »

Nice shots Marcell. I really like the girl and violin, probably because it reminds me of my daughter at that age.

My Aunt with Down's syndrome in a moment of contented repose. To get a good posed shot of her is near impossible and has been for her entire life. Either the communication breaks down or she really struggles at how to make a smile on cue. But if I'm patient, she forgets I have a camera and I can get some very natural pictures of her. This is probably my favorite picture of her in 2013.

Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Nice idea Marcell, and great pics Marcell and Hefay :)

I was doing a similar thing and looking over my pics from the last 12 months the other day. Here is my fav. Posted here before in the wildflower challenge. 95% of this pic was the challenge of being in the right place at the right time. There are things I would like to do differently if in the same position again of course :) .

2013 Bewdley - Sunrise Poppy Field 1 by Birm, on Flickr

Sony A99 and KM 17-35 2.8-4.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
the_hefay
Viceroy

That's a brilliant shot. I really love how the color of the flowers gives way to the mist in the distance.
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

the_hefay wrote:That's a brilliant shot. I really love how the color of the flowers gives way to the mist in the distance.
Marcell Nikolausz
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Marcell Nikolausz »

Nice Photos,

I think the personal connection to the subject of the photo plays a major role. That's why I selected two of my kid's picture, however they're not perfect technically.

Birma, your poppy field photo is excellent. You had my vote on the photo challange.

I wish you a happy new year!

Marcell
the_hefay
Viceroy

Marcell Nikolausz wrote:I think the personal connection to the subject of the photo plays a major role. That's why I selected two of my kid's picture, however they're not perfect technically.
Well said. And that's exactly why I chose the photo I posted. It has a personal connection and a lot of memories associated with it.
viewfinder
Heirophant

Unread post by viewfinder »

Birma wrote:Nice idea Marcell, and great pics Marcell and Hefay :)

I was doing a similar thing and looking over my pics from the last 12 months the other day. Here is my fav. Posted here before in the wildflower challenge. 95% of this pic was the challenge of being in the right place at the right time. There are things I would like to do differently if in the same position again of course :) .

2013 Bewdley - Sunrise Poppy Field 1 by Birm, on Flickr

Sony A99 and KM 17-35 2.8-4.

i love this picture can i copy and have it for a screen wall paper not use anywhere else

ray
its the photographer who takes the picture not the camera
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Ray, I'd be very happy for you to use the picture for personal use. Drop me a personal mail if you want a bigger file. :)
viewfinder
Heirophant

Unread post by viewfinder »

Birma wrote:Hi Ray, I'd be very happy for you to use the picture for personal use. Drop me a personal mail if you want a bigger file. :)

thank you happy new year :D
its the photographer who takes the picture not the camera
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

Unread post by mikehawthorne »

cracking shot of the poppy field and a happy new year to all

mike hawthorne