French Alps Medieval Village

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bossel
Viceroy

French Alps Medieval Village

Unread post by bossel »

Today we visited Entrevaux, a medieval village in the French Alps. It's a small hour away from Nice. It was hot (30C/86F) but we decided to climb up to the Citadelle - what a nice view from there and what a torture to get there 8) Anyway, we enjoyed our day and I want to share some pics with you!

All shot with A700, 18-250, CPL, in-camera JPG, the last one is ISO 3200.

David Kilpatrick
Site Admin

Re: French Alps Medieval Village

Unread post by David Kilpatrick »

I'm not feeling very happy, considering the minimal cost of a flight to Nice right now, and the extreme bad weather we are getting. That just looks amazing, especially your polarised deep blue sky. I don't think I've seen any blue other than pale washed-out glimpses for the last week. I had to find a blanket to keep Shirley warm in the house today, I don't turn on the heating until October normally. One of my friends says he has just a few inches of oil left in his heating tank, and he's in the same situation, the heating does not go on in early September because it is generally warm enough here and stays fine until early November.

Not this year! Never been to Entrevaux, it looks perfect.

David
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Must have been one fine day Thomas, :D

It's steep and looks like an agony to walk up there with no shade at all but the texture of the city was well worth taking photos of. I can relate to the weather as it has been far too warm for weeks without a single drop of rain in Istanbul which makes us all feel exhausted most of the time. I like how the buildings are situated along narrow medival streets and how they share the same wall and roof textures. A well-preserved region no doubt!

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Great shots Bossel. I like #1 and 3 specially.
IMHO #2 needs a bit of cropping at the bottom to remove that excess of white stones at the river.
I'm sure you have lots of other photos.
You're saying in-camera JPEG, may I assume you're shooting cRAW+JPEG?
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great pictures Bossel - so nice to see the sun is shining somewhere whilst squelching in the rain soaked UK. I especially like the shot of the roof tops - just what I'd imagine for a medieval mountain village! It looks like a scene from a movie set.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
bossel
Viceroy

Unread post by bossel »

Thanks to all for all the nice words :D
Dr. Harout wrote:You're saying in-camera JPEG, may I assume you're shooting cRAW+JPEG?
Yes, I shot cRaw+JPG. I run a few of the pics through ACR but I found the JPGS are just fine this time, no need to fiddle with sharpness, saturation or WB (maybe for the last one I could check WB, but IIRC the light was quite warm in there).
kelvinyam
Acolyte

Unread post by kelvinyam »

I like the first shot. Beautiful. Further improvement will be cropping off the river at bottom, about an inch so that it doesn't distract the viewer from the beautiful architecture. Blue sky is always an added bonus to an image.
Kelvin
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

The 18-250 & A700 can certainly knock out a decent image alright, was certainly worth the effort too get those, thanks for the look.
Greg
ps You'd certainly have to get along with the neighbours in a place like that. :)
Dr. Harout
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by Dr. Harout »

Greg Beetham wrote:ps You'd certainly have to get along with the neighbours in a place like that. :)
Heh he, I know what you mean :lol: :lol:
A99 + a7rII + Sony, Zeiss, Minolta, Rokinon and M42 lenses

Flickr
hanafinoor
Acolyte

Unread post by hanafinoor »

I love the 3rd pic.