Birds 2015

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
the_hefay
Viceroy

Re: Birds 2015

Unread post by the_hefay »

Thanks again Sury and Yildiz. Sometimes the story makes an average or even a poor shot into a better shot because it makes a connection.

I was really hoping to get some pictures of these owls learning to fly, but I'm going to be away for some time and will miss that great event. So these will be the last pictures I share of these two owls. They spent the day exploring the tree and ventured out quite a ways from the nest until the afternoon thunderstorm came. I ran out to see if they were okay and they were already back in the nest.

Taken with the Tamron 70-300.
Attachments
_DSC5233-1.jpg
(357.52 KiB) Downloaded 1673 times
_DSC5230-1.jpg
(360.38 KiB) Downloaded 1673 times
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Those little fellas are growing on me. Feel like a empty nesting parent (no pun intended) when they fly off. :-)

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Amazing creatures and great captures, Jeff.

Will miss them if they grow out of this phase too soon and we see no more.

Thanks for sharing their tale. : )

Yildiz
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Great series on the owlets Jeff - great to see them develop.

Reminds me of another series we all enjoyed of some young seagulls on a rooftop in Istanbul ;) How is your local bird-life Yildiz?
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
Greg Beetham
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Greg Beetham »

Well that's a shame about the owlets, I have been watching from a distance now and then the progress of the little owls, but I guess they will be ok, they are borne survivors, it would have been nice to see a few more shots before they left for good.
Greg
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Birma wrote:...

Reminds me of another series we all enjoyed of some young seagulls on a rooftop in Istanbul ;) How is your local bird-life Yildiz?
:D Thank you for asking, Birma.

Generation 2015 seems happy with their caring and upbringing. They sleep, show signs of curiosity and attention and apparently are fed well by the parents. :)

I apologize for the quality of the shots. I captured stills from my Sony Camcorder video, since the Alpha can be a little slow in capturing these impulsive baby seagulls. I shot the video yesterday.
(I uploaded these to prove that our new Generation XL Seagull babies are already as large as their parents and ready anytime to take off, to do everything on their own someday. The soft images are certainly not on par with the quality of this forum. :) )

Yildiz

Seagull Sequel-Generation 2015-Istanbul

They like watching the Sun go down silently and sometimes sleep.
Seagull1.jpg
(214 KiB) Downloaded 1630 times
They are proud of their wings and frequently show off!
Seagull2.jpg
(240.4 KiB) Downloaded 1630 times
And they eat right; that's a chicken bone with meat on it..
Seagull3.jpg
(226.78 KiB) Downloaded 1630 times
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Those are lovely Yildiz! So glad you still have your seagull family this year :)

I specially like the first picture with the great pose of the two chicks looking out to sea. Lovely light and colour. I very much like the dreamy sea as a back drop with its compliments of ships and boats.
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Thank you, Birma. :D

Very kind of you.

Yildiz