Mirror Image

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Pitter
Grand Caliph

Mirror Image

Unread post by Pitter »

An experiment.

Sony a6000 with 1.8 24 mm
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Mirror Image

Unread post by sury »

Interesting. I wonder how it would have been if the reflection is in focus and the subject is blurred.
I like the soft(ened) hair in the reflection and that being in the foreground may make it more pleasing. Just a thought.
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
Pitter
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Pitter »

Well as I said, an experiment. One would certainly expect the reflection to be in focus because that's where her face is but I thought I would give the unexpected a try. If it doesn't work well no harm done.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Given that is your expectation, it certainly met your expectation, I can see.
One thing I am wondering is that would it work if it is just a pose and not of some
action (of putting on lipstick in this case). I am tempted to give the concept a try. :D

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

As much as I prefer background bokeh, I would have chosen her face first.
We all make choices.
Pitter
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Pitter »

I understand completely. This was just something a little different. By oversight the f stop was 2.0. I meant to set it at 1.8 in which case her face would be little blurrier still. To view Marcel Duchamp's last work, Étant donnés you stand at a wooden door with two little peepholes, one for each eye and gaze in upon a scene that shows a partial view of a nude woman lying on her back (but you can not see her face). One arm is visible and she is holding a gas lamp against a scenic background. So you can only see part of a scene that you would like to be able to see the rest of (at least her face). A huge stretch to make any comparison of course but in the photo you can see the real head of the girl but only a blurry image of her face in the mirror...and most would like to have a clear view of her face to see if she's really a pretty girl or not (would be my reason) or maybe some other reason. To Sury yes I'm sure it would. But there is something about a woman putting on lipstick :) .