The Revenge

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

The Revenge

Unread post by mikehawthorne »

Fishing boat moared at Old Leigh thames essex estuary famouse for its cockle fishing served east end of London for years and, during the last war Leigh lost brave young men rescueing troops from Dunkirk in 1940.

Mike Hawthorne
Revenge.jpg
(190.7 KiB) Not downloaded yet
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: The Revenge

Unread post by aster »

Hi Mike; :)

Would you kindly try to upload the photo titled "Revenge" to the Challenge forum so I can see how you attached the image and maybe can help according to that info? I only am the moderator of the challenge forum, so I cannot access your posts in "Give It Your Best Shot" forum.
Your photos from the Dickens' fest appear to be correctly uploaded/attached, by the way. So if you can find what you did differently for the festival shots, you can even correct the situation on your own. :)

Please let us know,

Thanks,
Yildiz
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Hi Mike, :)

I believe your photo suffers from a dimensions' issue. Below, I have attached screenshots of the properties of your photos: you'll see that The Revenge is 1500 pixels on one side of the frame. The forum accepts photos that have dimensions around 1024*1024 pixels and smaller. Any photo bigger than these dimensions apparently get resized, and only appears as an attachment object that can open in a new tab.
Please edit your image to smaller dimensions if you wish it to be viewed directly from the forum thread. : ) You'll find that, once the image is resized to under 1024*1024 pixels, you'll have no problems at all.

Thanks,
Yildiz

You can see that the dimension on one side exceeds 1024 pixels while the other is smaller than the restrictions.
mike's photo attachment issue.jpg
(103.45 KiB) Downloaded 1199 times
This photo of yours is a good example why you had no similar problems of resizing.
mike's photo attachment issue 2.jpg
(171.01 KiB) Downloaded 1199 times
Last edited by aster on Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
mikehawthorne
Grand Caliph

Unread post by mikehawthorne »

thanks aster will try later.
also for dickens i placed the file inline if that is the eason.
mike hawthorne
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Mike, placing a photo "inline" has no impact on upload issues, actually. Placing inline only gives you a freedom of positioning around your text content.
The photo "Dickens Festival" is also below the forum restrictions, in dimensions and that's why it can be fully visible in the forum threads. Check below, the properties show that your photo is smaller than 1024*1024 pixels on both sides of the frame.

Once you edit your photos to the necessary dimensions accordingly, you should have no problems with any of your photo uploads. : )

Yildiz
Attachments
mike's photo attachment issue 3.jpg
(152.55 KiB) Downloaded 1188 times
Ossie
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ossie »

Hi Mike and Yildiz, Thanks for raising the question and for the answer. I have had similar problems in the past. Now I know the answer.

Mike, love the photo. The mono works a treat.

Ossie