The Digicams that Roared

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: The Digicams that Roared

Unread post by bakubo »

ValeryD wrote: Shoot today, "old lady" - A300 with 55-200, has received a lot of fun. :)
Thanks for posting. I thought the A300 was a DSLR though. Wasn't it? I am not up on all the various Sony cameras. Was it a digicam with a tiny sensor? No problem either way though. :)
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

bakubo wrote:
ValeryD wrote: Shoot today, "old lady" - A300 with 55-200, has received a lot of fun. :)
Thanks for posting. I thought the A300 was a DSLR though. Wasn't it? I am not up on all the various Sony cameras. Was it a digicam with a tiny sensor? No problem either way though. :)
Of course not! :) I just continue conversation started by Cogito about Minolta 7D. A300 it's direct modification form Minolta. Sorry. For small tiny sensor I have only my cellphone. So far it works too. :)
or old one from Maui :
Canon powershot 400
Everything in the life unusual!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

ValeryD wrote: Of course not! :) I just continue conversation started by Cogito about Minolta 7D. A300 it's direct modification form Minolta. Sorry.
As I said, no problem. I was just wondering. Good for people to post photos of any kind. Those are nice!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Flying in Waikiki

sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Excellent timing Henry.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I added EXIF info to the top of each image page with camera, date, exposure info, etc. info since for this gallery it is relevant.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bakubo wrote:Recently I was reminded again about how even our tiny sensor digicams are darn capable and even my lowly Canon G16 would probably have been a dream years ago for the famous photographers represented in this photo exhibition:

Radical Transformation: Magnum Photos into the Digital Age

http://www.photoclubalpha.com/forum/vie ... =52&t=7965

I somehow get some pleasure (maybe even a perverse pleasure) out of bucking the trend in going for bigger sensors, more and more and more resolution, and chasing every little minute IQ improvement. :lol: I use my G16 now sometimes and take it out on walks and through daily life when I don't want to carry the somewhat larger m4/3 gear. As I said, this G16 is in so many ways better than what most of the Magnum photos at the big exhibition were taken with. Fast zoom lens, changeable ISO, good ISO into territory that those guys could never have even dreamed of, image stabilization, pretty robust camera with pretty snappy operation, no bulky film to carry around, etc..
Yes, the Canon G16 with the 1/1.7" 12mp sensor, 28-140mm f1.8-2.8 lens, sturdy construction, pretty fast AF, etc. would have been a fantasy camera for some of the photographers that took many of the famous, classic photos we know.

Man with his camel, Thar Desert, India, 2015 -- Canon S95