Out of the ordinary - Open to all

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Out of the ordinary - Open to all

Unread post by sury »

Good one Valery, though I am not sure that is that out of ordinary on College Campus. :lol:
Henry, that is way cool. I thought you were pulling wool over our eyes. Till I saw the second
one.
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

"All of them were taken with 135/f1.8."

I knew it.
There is a certain something about the images it produces.
Keep shooting.
sury

Unread post by sury »

In fact, the last three in the landscape thread, and the first one in the previous one were also with the same one.

Sury
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Birma wrote:Wow ! Godzilla is definitely out of the ordinary - nice one, Henry :)

Cool haiku as well!
While walking in Tokyo I always remember to look up from time to time and no matter where I am I make sure I know my escape route. :)
Cogito
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Cogito »

Nice ones Henry, and, Valery, where is that marvelous sign?
Tony
Be you ever so high, the law is above you. Lord Denning
ValeryD
Viceroy

Unread post by ValeryD »

Cogito wrote:Nice ones Henry, and, Valery, where is that marvelous sign?
Hall rd. Manitoba, Canada. :) More or less normal state of people after visiting the antique retro bar. :D
(more a photo explanations by link under the picture)

Everything in the life unusual!
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

A good idea for a thread, Sury. : )

So far all photos are of very interesting. Where else to accumulate the things that stand out ...? Will be fun to see as time goes by.

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

At the same time I was walking through Kabukicho and saw the big Godzilla aka ゴジラ I also saw this. Certainly this is sort of out of the ordinary in Japan where most women are somewhat more modestly endowed. :lol:

sury

Unread post by sury »

Nice Juke Box Valery. Nostalgic indeed. Thank you Yildiz and I am looking forward
to more interesting pictures.
Henry,that is an interesting cultural observation. Is that some magazine dated February 11, 2015,
Issue 4?

When I was growing up in India, they used to sell a cream (sunscreen - I would think) called
Fair & Lovely since having a fair complexion was very sought after, in India, and I was
chuckling with amusement when I came to US for the first time in 1981 to see Dark & Lovely
(a tanning cream?). Though we may seek things that are out of reach (nay ordinary), the desire
to seek seems to be universal.

With best regards,
Sury
P.S. Nice shot, by the way. :)
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

sury wrote: Henry,that is an interesting cultural observation. Is that some magazine dated February 11, 2015,
Issue 4?
I am not sure what that is. Some sort of big advertisement. The date is November 2, 2015 though. It says Happy Birthday so that is a clue, I guess. I don't know who Momoka Nanase is so I did a quick search. It looks like she is an anime character so this photo is, I suppose, a woman who is her human embodiment? I found this bit of info on the anime character:

http://imopara.wikia.com/wiki/Momoka_Nanase
sury wrote: When I was growing up in India, they used to sell a cream (sunscreen - I would think) called
Fair & Lovely since having a fair complexion was very sought after, in India, and I was
chuckling with amusement when I came to US for the first time in 1981 to see Dark & Lovely
(a tanning cream?). Though we may seek things that are out of reach (nay ordinary), the desire
to seek seems to be universal.
Yes, in Japan it is similar to India, I think. Women try to have very fair skin and often wear big hats in the sun or use umbrellas. Also, lots of beauty products that claim to help them make their skin lighter. In the States women often want darker, nicely tanned skin though. :lol:

By the way, I just bought plane tickets to go to India for 4 weeks. Late November to late December. First time, but just northern India. In the past I have thought from time to time that I would visit India, but everytime I checked they made it a big hassle to get a tourist visa. While in Japan they told me I could not get a visa here so I would have to send my passport to Los Angeles and it would take time. Usually on the spur of the moment I decide I want to go somewhere. The last time I seriously thought about India was in late 2009 while in Japan and when I discovered how much trouble it was I decided to go to Egypt instead (got the visa at the Cairo airport on arrival). Anyway, I just checked and starting this year I can get an India tourist visa online and then 2-3 days later they email me a document that I print out, present it and my passport at the airport in India on arrival, and then receive the visa. So, finally going!
sury

Unread post by sury »

Yes, they have introduced Visa upon arrival few months ago. Which part of northern India you are planning t visit? Typical New Delhi, Agra (Taj Mahal) and Jaipur circuit? If you get a chance (and time) you should visit the state of Kerala in south on west coast, though every state has plenty to offer. Look forward to your "observations" there. :D

Thanks for that additional information. I guessed Feb. since Nov. is not yet upon us but year/month/date should have been obvious.

Sury
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

Interesting shots guys.

Here's mine. The big city? Okay, it's not that interesting in Spanish, but seeing this sign next to a little village did strike me as unusual in my English thinking mind. The second sign, of the same town, has an interesting population and founding date.
Attachments
6645-Lightroom.jpg
the big city
(406.03 KiB) Downloaded 2496 times
6646-Lightroom.jpg
30 families
(460.73 KiB) Downloaded 2496 times
sury

Unread post by sury »

Good shots Jeff. They fit the bill perfectly.

Sury
Ossie
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Ossie »

One from Cuba
Pumping Cool.jpg
(389.39 KiB) Downloaded 2464 times
One from Denver
Blue Bear.jpg
(441.66 KiB) Downloaded 2464 times
Ossie
sury

Unread post by sury »

Nice shots, Ossie. I wonder what's the story behind the blue bear.

Sury