India trip photos

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Re: India trip photos

Unread post by bakubo »

The weeks in south India were good. I arrived in Sri Lanka a couple of days ago.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Happy travels. Looking forward to your album/blog.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

:) Always on the road...Hope you're doing fine and happy with your shootings, Henry.

Looking forward to your new galleries!

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Yildiz, I am still in Sri Lanka, but I will get back to Japan on 4/13. After a few weeks traveling in south India and then a few weeks traveling in very hot and humid Sri Lanka I am sort of pooped (Brits like to say knackered). :). Looking forward to getting back to the beautiful spring in Japan!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

I got back to Japan last night and today I am copying all my cards to the computer and then will import into Lightroom. Good trip!

Today is a gorgeous Japan spring day so my wife and I spent most of it out and about. Went into the countryside for a picnic lunch under the sakura (cherry blossoms). Fortunately I didn't miss them this year. I thought that I might since I was away for 6 weeks. Beautiful today. Already talking about us maybe taking a short trip to Nagasaki next week since spring is here. We'll see. I want to get to work on my trip photos, but spring doesn't last forever so I also want to get out in Japan a bit before summer hits. :lol:

Speaking of Lightroom, I see that LR CC got 2 :!: updates while I was gone. Whew, that was fast!
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

My recent trip to south India for about 3 weeks was great! I went to Kochi, Conoor, Ooty, Masinagudi, Mudumalai National Park, Mysore, Mamallapuram, Auroville, Pondicherry, Madurai, Thekkady, Periyar National Park, and Kerala Backwaters.

I worked on a selection of my photos from the trip and they are now on my website in the India gallery. The ones from this trip are in India 5 and India 6 (India 1-4 were from my trip to north India in 2015):

http://bakubo.com/Galleries%202/India/index.html

​This time I did something a bit different for my website. I added a Favorites 2 album in the India gallery so if you don't want to look through all the photos you can just take a look at that much smaller subset. Here is my standard statement:

My website has always had two, sometimes somewhat conflicting, purposes. One, is a place to put my favorite photos. Two, is a place to put my travel photos. Those two goals sometimes interfere with each other because in order to have a reasonably well-rounded selection of trip photos I must include photos that are not my favorites. Of course, I don't use trip photos I don't like, but I must include ones that are not what I think of as the best ones. It is not a commercial website so I can do as I please. And I do. :-) The photos are in chronological order.

I have a gallery of a few of my favorites from south India here:

http://bakubo.com/Galleries%202/India/F ... index.html

This is the kit I took with me on this trip and the following one to Sri Lanka:

Olympus E-M10II
Olympus E-M10
Olympus 14-150mm f4-5.6 II
Olympus 9-18mm f4-5.6
Olympus 25mm f1.8
Olympus 9mm f8 fisheye bodycap
Olympus 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 EZ pancake

Man in Ooty:

Red, orange, and yellow light at sunset in Madurai:

He came to my bus window trying to sell me some fruit at the Madurai bus station:

sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Nice samplers Henry. Will check your albums. The eyes are talking to me in #1 and #3.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

So colourful ! :D
Just as I was hoping for. India is such a colourful country, spices, textiles, everydaylife, culture... :)

The gallery will be a joy to browse.

Thanks for sharing, Henry. :)

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Thank you. It was a good trip. I have now spent in total about 7 weeks in India (north in 2015, south in 2017). I am slowly working on the Sri Lanka trip photos now.
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

bakubo wrote:Thank you. It was a good trip. I have now spent in total about 7 weeks in India (north in 2015, south in 2017). I am slowly working on the Sri Lanka trip photos now.
Here are some of my Sri Lanka photos:

http://www.bakubo.com/Galleries%202/Sri ... index.html
smulnik
Grand Caliph

Unread post by smulnik »

Beautiful albums, Henry! Thanks for sharing!
Sig
A7 III - A99 - NEX 7 - A900 - A100 - RX100 IV
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

smulnik wrote:Beautiful albums, Henry! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Sig.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

bakubo wrote:
bakubo wrote:Thank you. It was a good trip. I have now spent in total about 7 weeks in India (north in 2015, south in 2017). I am slowly working on the Sri Lanka trip photos now.
Here are some of my Sri Lanka photos:

http://www.bakubo.com/Galleries%202/Sri ... index.html

Hi Henry, :)

That's a fine trip you've got there; you pretty much covered everything: owls, barber, field, trees, Buddha sculptors, yogis and children. How amazing that children around the world react to your camera in similar ways, especially boys. You had children posing and reacting in similar joyous fashion in Istanbul as well. They love the camera and being a part of your mosaic of photos.

Thanks for sharing,

Yildiz
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

Thank you, Yildiz. Yes, children everywhere tend to be uninhibited and want me to take their photo. :)