From a recent trip to NYC

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Dusty
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Re: From a recent trip to NYC

Unread post by Dusty »

Sury,

I'm not one to live in cities. I can stand the suburbs, where at least we have yards, for playing and gardens, but I really want to live in the country, where I have acres of yard!

Where I am now I have a very large, 3/4 acre, yard, but that's unusual. Not that I don't love it! But I can still see the people across the street, and next door, but would rather I had to hop in the truck to visit!

Dusty
An a700, an a550 and couple of a580s, plus even more lenses (Zeiss included!).
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: From a recent trip to NYC

Unread post by sury »

I understand. In fact, when I moved to Silicon Valley in 1984, the area where I live now (Almaden Valley), the grocery stores used to have the wooden structures to tie horses. It was that rural though was only 10 miles from downtown San Jose,. When I moved to Almaden in 1993, it was fairly rural, for want of a better term. Now it has become a densely populated suburb. It all started with a freeway that was constructed about 5 miles from where I live, about 15 years ago. Till then most San Jose residents did not even know where Almaden Valley is, in San Jose. For about 15 odd years I enjoyed the best of both rural at home and urban at work.

By the way, most don't realize that population wise, San Jose is bigger than more well known cities of San Francisco and Oakland. The three anchor cities of San Francisco Bay. If you imagine SF bay as alphabet "V", the top two points would be SF (left) and Oakland (right). The bottom tip would be San Jose. But I digress.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper