My haitus

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
UrsaMajor
Imperial Ambassador

Re: My haitus

Unread post by UrsaMajor »

sury wrote: I was diagnosed with Cavernous hemangioma (tumors in brain whose location in my case make them
inoperable) which caused involuntary movements in my left leg and hand.
I was sorry to hear about this, but I am optimistic about your future health.

Every individual is different, but a Cavernous hemangioma is what happened to my daughter (in her early 20s!), and she lost control of the left side of her body for a while. That was over 20 years ago. She has married and had 3 children since then, coped with all of life's problems, and currently has no symptoms that would indicate she ever had a problem.

Go luck with your future health, and keep posting here.

With best wishes,
- Tom -
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Tom,
Thank you for your words of encouragement and proof positive results of your daughter. I am very happy about the outcome and it gives me hope and encouragement as my symptoms too have subsided to a very large extent. I am now dealing with new symptoms popping up and disappearing. I have accepted to live with my symptoms and fortunately so far they have not affected my quality of life.

With best regards,
Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
the_hefay
Viceroy

Unread post by the_hefay »

Just read this Sury. Sorry to hear about the problems, but I'm glad that at least some of the symptoms have subsided and that you're working again.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Jeff. Things are on the mend.

Sury
Birma
Tower of Babel

Unread post by Birma »

Hi Sury - I've also been away from the forum for sometime and I was really shocked and saddened to hear about your problems on going back through the old messages. It is a relief to see that some things are getting better and good to know you are in work again. Thinking of you, old friend!
Nex 5, Nex 6 (IR), A7M2, A99 and a bunch of lenses.
sury

Unread post by sury »

Andy,
Thank you very much for your thoughts. Work has proven to be a good distraction and helping me repair. Camera has been a good tool as well. :)

With best regards,
Sury
pakodominguez
Minister with Portfolio

Unread post by pakodominguez »

Hi Sury,
I'm not spending much time here either, and I'm surprised by your post. I hope you are doing better now, getting back to normal.
All the best!
Pako
------------
http://www.pakodominguez.photo/blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sury

Unread post by sury »

Almazar80 wrote:I pray that your body and soul are refreshed in the coming days.
Thank you Almazar80. I certainly feel my soul is refreshed. Body is almost there. My symptoms
have gone away (brain repairing itself) for most part, and the lingering symptoms are not severe
enough for me to take medication and suffer through its nasty side effects.

Sury
sury

Unread post by sury »

pakodominguez wrote:Hi Sury,
I'm not spending much time here either, and I'm surprised by your post. I hope you are doing better now, getting back to normal.
All the best!
Pako,
Thank you. In fact, I credit Huyana Picchu hike for helping me emotionally snap out of my depression.
I was ready to quit (having decided many times in previous months to cancel the trip - thankfully, missus
did not quit). Even 10 min before our scheduled hike I was debating if I should take the hike. Jaya, nudged
me to take the first few steps and do only to the extent we can do. One step at a time (literally). Before I knew
I was on the top (both literally and figuratively) and it was such a therapeutic experience, I stopped taking my
medication that night.

With best regards,
Sury
bakubo
Tower of Babel

Unread post by bakubo »

sury wrote: Thank you. In fact, I credit Huyana Picchu hike for helping me emotionally snap out of my depression.
I was ready to quit (having decided many times in previous months to cancel the trip - thankfully, missus
did not quit). Even 10 min before our scheduled hike I was debating if I should take the hike. Jaya, nudged
me to take the first few steps and do only to the extent we can do. One step at a time (literally). Before I knew
I was on the top (both literally and figuratively) and it was such a therapeutic experience, I stopped taking my
medication that night.
Good for you!

This reminded me of something from 1996 in Japan. Along with 3 friends (Japanese, French, Filipino -- one woman, two men) I went on a 3-day trip from Tokyo to Fuji-san (Mt. Fuji). I had climbed it in 1991, but it was the first time for them. They were all in their early 20s and I was 39. As we climbed the long, winding trail to the top my 3 companions several times wanted to turn around and go back. The Filipino guy and the Japanese gal, in particular, were getting very discouraged. The French guy wanted to go back too, but was more amenable to pushing on. During a rest break I told them all that this was not a race, we had lots and lots of time, so anytime they wanted to stop to rest and catch their breath then it was okay. After awhile we each started walking at our own pace. I got to the top first, the French guy a short time later, and the Filipino guy and Japanese gal arrived about 30 minutes later after the French guy. The last two were the most enthused and joyful about reaching the top! The rest of the trip they couldn't stop excitedly talking about it. :) It really changed their whole attitude because they had not given up.

You are much older than my friends in 1996 were and also you had serious medical issues that they did not have. So, I can completely understand your feeling of accomplishment and the change in your feeling. Great job!
Last edited by bakubo on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Please forgive me for no keeping up with you. Reading this thread has me wiping my eyes.
I wish you the utmost in peace and tranquility.
JT
sury

Unread post by sury »

Thank you Henry and JB for your kind words and encouragement. I am keeping focus on the 95% that is "working" rather than the 5% that causes me the trouble though often it is frustrating. The support I got/get from my family and friends including the well wishers on the forum has been tremendous and I am forever grateful for being fortunate enough to receive it.

With best regards,
Sury
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

:D It's good to hear that you are feeling much better and taking everything in your own stride in the positive direction....

We are always here to wish well and not let you down in spiritual and morale support. : )

For better times and for better days, one step at a time, making way away from pain and let-downs...whatever the 'negative' impact was on our lives ! :D

Keep your mind and soul on light and beautiful thoughts and don't let the dark sneak into your precious time on Earth. :)

All the best,

Yildiz
sury

Unread post by sury »

Yildiz. Thank you. This group has been a tremendous source of help and support, not mention inspiration outside my immediate family and friends. For which, I am every grateful. In fact, I have been so busy at work (embracing the new opportunity with gusto) that it has become a challenge to catch up on the thread. A challenge I intend to overcome soon. :D

Sury