Recent Film Images

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
Almazar80
Grand Caliph

Recent Film Images

Unread post by Almazar80 »

I went on a buying binge (sort of) over the last few months - film cameras (manual focus Minoltas) and lenses. Finally started using some of them in the last few months. Some pictures.

Using the Minolta XE-7

1. Sidewalk Chatter (Georgetown)

2. Paying the Meter

Using the Minolta XD-11

3. Clarendon Metro Station

The negatives were "scanned" by my A6300 and attached macro lens. Thanks to Gary Friedman for his tip on using a flashlight app on an ipad and using the ipad as a "lightpad" and taking pictures of the negatives using a macro lens. The negatives were then "processed" in Photoshop.

Thanks for looking.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Re: Recent Film Images

Unread post by sury »

Very nice clean shots. Interesting technique - using ipad as lightpad.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Certainly very enjoyable film shots, Almazar80. :)

We missed the delightful film look. Nicely scanned and processed. I like how crisp and well-defined each capture turned out.

Thank you for sharing,

Yildiz
Almazar80
Grand Caliph

Unread post by Almazar80 »

Thank you for the comments. I enjoy shooting with film - though it certainly forces me to think about what I am doing a lot more than when shooting digital. I am trying to get the old 1/3 decent pictures ratio, which means that I will probably be shooting a lot of street type photography in black and white. I have now tried color macro photography with my old Vivitar 105mm macro and it runs out my hands are really shaky and my manual focusing ability at close distances need a LOT more practice. And with film, practice gets expensive really quickly.

It also turns out that street photography is really interesting. Shooting black and white with an old Minolta is really a joy. I think 'll do a roll a month.
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

Almazar80 wrote:Thank you for the comments. I enjoy shooting with film - though it certainly forces me to think about what I am doing a lot more than when shooting digital. I am trying to get the old 1/3 decent pictures ratio, which means that I will probably be shooting a lot of street type photography in black and white. I have now tried color macro photography with my old Vivitar 105mm macro and it runs out my hands are really shaky and my manual focusing ability at close distances need a LOT more practice. And with film, practice gets expensive really quickly.

It also turns out that street photography is really interesting. Shooting black and white with an old Minolta is really a joy. I think 'll do a roll a month.

:) True, shooting with film requires more concentration. Unlike digital shooting on memory cards which allows for a more freestyle and random shooting with more chances of recovery afterwards, film has constraints and the capture is either good or irrecoverable; a little more costly in many ways.
You went through some serious processing for the above shots. Good outcome indeed.
These street style shots of yours remind me of photos taken circa 1950s, with only a minor 'modern' look as difference. :) (cars, clothes, some of the architecture)

Good luck with your future photo shoots on film. Look forward to them all. :)

Yildiz