San Jose Auto Show

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

San Jose Auto Show

Unread post by sury »

I was planning to take at least two bodies to "simulate" the benefit of multiple bodies but dropped
the idea since my wife and I decided to take the public transport. Felt, carrying the bag with 2 bodies
and lenses was a hassle. Anyway here are few shots with A99m2 + CZ24-70.

Due to static nature of the exhibits and closeness allowed the combo worked fine.
Though I could have used a wider than 24mm lens few times (and perhaps on a second body).
The need for the second body is due to capturing a car with no on-lookers around and you hardly
get a second or two before someone walks into your field of view. JT - 1, Sury - 0. :P

Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
aster
Tower of Babel

Re: San Jose Auto Show

Unread post by aster »

Lovely cars and shots, Sury. :)
I like the second the most because of how the lights play to make it more interesting shot.

Thanks for sharing. The camera and the lens choice works just fine.
Yildiz
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Good job Sury.
Some thoughts. Your mileage may vary.
1. I took public transportation to the auto show as well. If not for the smallness of the RX1, I probably would have taken 1 body and two lenses. I never felt unsafe while carrying the bag but I wasn't completely comfortable either.
2. Two bodies or two lenses doesn't preclude the need for making two trips round the show. Changing back and forth is a pain.
3. Shooting from the hip or going to one knee (used to be easy) seems like the best strategy to get interesting shots and to keep bystanders out of the picture. Of course, getting there at opening time cuts down on the distractions of others in your field of view.
4. Convention center lighting sucks.
Even though I find it enjoyable to see new vehicles, I probably won't photograph an auto show again.
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

Yildiz and JT, thank you.

Apropos your four points, JT, for me regarding #1, I wanted avoid walking 1/2 mile each way with heavy bag than concern for safety.
Agree on #3 and #4 except I may continue to photograph at auto shows. :)
The same will be true for me with air shows where a cloudy
day may (and it had in the past) ruin your shots but then what the hey, I am already there. :D
Regarding #2, number of trips is more a function of checking the cars out, and then wanting to come back for a
different POV, for me. I did go around 2nd time but only to select cars.
That is my take on it.

Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Perfectly reasonable.
I need to check the Air Show box.