Fireworks- Sort Of

Show everyone the latest shots which make you feel dead chuffed with your camera choice
Forum rules
No more than three images or three external links allowed in any post or reply. Please trim quotations and do not include images in quotes unless essential.
jbtaylor
Emperor of a Minor Galaxy

Fireworks- Sort Of

Unread post by jbtaylor »

Heard the booms and knew some neighbors were shooting fireworks. Took the camera outside. The lens immediately fogged and I knew it was not going to clear up. So I tried to make the best of the situation. The large white light in these images is my street lamp and of course the fireworks are background from down the street. The fogged up lens allowed me to obscure the street lamp and get some motion blur in the fireworks without it looking like camera shake. These are shot with the go to 135mm and were hand held.
Disclaimer: Any resemblance to the Star Gate sequence from 2001 A Space Odyssey is coincidental but still cool.

aster
Tower of Babel

Re: Fireworks- Sort Of

Unread post by aster »

Somehow, it just feels good to imagine that this is some neat friendly Alien visit happening in JB's front yard and he's true friends with his visitors ! Interesting, futuristic, scientific and exciting (at least more exciting than smoking fireworks). I like the adventurous take on this.

:D Thanks for sharing, JBTaylor.
Yildiz
sury
Subsuming Vortex of Brilliance

Unread post by sury »

People say when life deals you with lemons you make lemonade. JT you, instead found a lobster to squeeze it on. :D
Enough said.
Sury
Minimize avoidable sufferings - Sir Karl Popper
jbtaylor

aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

I'd like to think of this episode as the part where your Alien friends finally salute you with big bursts of fire and disappear into the atmosphere, JBTaylor. :) If you don't mind…

Thanks for sharing,
Yildiz
jbtaylor

Imagine all you like. That is the point.
All the best.
JT
aster
Tower of Babel

Unread post by aster »

jbtaylor wrote:Imagine all you like. That is the point.
All the best.
JT
Thanks. :) As, Einstein once pointed out "imagination is more important than knowledge".
And, I'd like to imagine that, after spending some time with you they left you with an invitation to their planet as a VIP, with all of your cameras and a free transport to register your alien experiences. :)

Yildiz